ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belkin = sh*te

Warning winge coming up.

Last Wednesday I had some issues with my Belkin Wireless Router, connecting to the internet. So I rang their support service, "install the new firmware" they said, so I did. The Router crashed halfway through, leaving it so I could'nt access the IP address for settings:mad: .

So I ring them back "Sorry sir there is nothing we can do" they say. As my Router is 2 years old, I thought fair enough I'll get a new one. So on Friday new Belkin Router arrives. I set it up, and straight away it starts dropping the internet connection every 30 sec or so, so I spend all day trying to sort it. At 3am (yes you read right- 3am) I get through to the Belkin support people, who say "We are aware of this issue and are working to sort it out in the near future":S .

So after 6 hours kip, I go down Staples and get a Netgear Router which is working fine. When telling the guy at Staples about my problem he pissed himself laughing, and said he had 10 Belkins returned in the last week with the exact same problem.

So a big f**k you to Belkin.

Rant over now, thanks for listening.............I am now calm;)

Skoda Fabia vRS
lol, ive owned a few Belkin things in the past and all of them have worked fine, same goes for Netgear aswell though

6/468 17poo
yeah if heard the same about belkin so i chose a netgear wireless router modem and it works a treat, only drops signal if its too far away!!

182... again!
Mate of mine who set up my linksys router, has set up a few systems and suggested avoiding Belkin!
These support lines are somewhat lacking.....had hassles with Tesco broadband!

I'vd used a few Belkin items - all great (UPS on my PC, Keyboard/Mouse).

I've used a Wireless Router too which was OK (I just set it up for someone)..

I've probably used most brand of networking equipment at some point, and they all have issues or have had issues in the past IMO.. it's just finding one which does what you need OK.

Few examples,
Netgear router's used to be a mess if you threw a load of connections at them, but latest updates I think have solved this.
Linksys ADSL Router can't pass GRE traffic - so this is a big nono if you want to use RRAS for remote access (PPTP/GRE).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Belkin have gone a bit down-hill in recent times. Like for like, I find Netgear to be more user-friendly...

Anyone had experience of Belkin's Pre-N stuff?

D.

Black Clio 182
ive got a belkin router and there support line is a f**king joke, i had problems setting mine up and belkin hung up on me 3 times. i found out the problem was that bt hadnt connected me yet even tho they said they had lol, never mind.

my wireless router always loses its connection if im using a pc with the belkin usb wireless connector but since ive hard wired my computer in it works a treat and the laptops that ive got in my house also work really well on it but they have built in wireless so im just thinking its the shitty usb connectors.