ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bearing engineer/maker ?

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
Does anybody know anywhere or anyone who can machine a bearing or a component for a bearing ?
This is what i need made , or very similar, the centre is part of the bearing.
any help or contact numbers would be great.
And yes tried some companies , google etc but not much luck.
GetAttachment.aspx

Attachments

• iphone1 126.jpg
    iphone1 126.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 48

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
yes tried both these companies , they will supply a bearing , but i cant press out the centre shaft as it it forms part of the bearing , which neither place can help with , looking to see if someone can make me a complete unit.

Clio 182 Trophy
If that is the case you will need to get a bearing the same size and take that and the one you have to an engineering company (look in yellow pages) so they can make you a new shaft. When it fails in future you can then just change the bearing. I am curious now what is it off.

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
I could but you would be talking a lot of money, for one off work we charge £60 an hour.
rough idea how much , or contact number , email for your company and i can send some more pics to get an idea of how much.

What has the bearing come out of/what does it do?

Are you sure the shaft is part of the bearing and not just sweated on? It seems like a very expensive way of achieving something that would be easier to make through assembly of a bearing and a shaft.

Is the cage missing and is it missing a few balls?

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
no i take out the cages to show the shaft , the shaft has the grooves for the balls to sit in , dont know if its sweated on .
its off an old alpine car , idler for auxillary belt.
pic from other side.
Thanks for all replies , and yes thinking about getting a shaft and same size bearing , but still someone to make the shaft.

Attachments

• iphone1 125.jpg
    iphone1 125.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 46
Ah, I see what it is now. It will be sweated on but I can see it being a b**ch to get off. I take it that the bearing is expendable but the shaft not.

Are we talking Renault Alpine or Sunbeam Alpine?
(Likely to be a stupid question, but) Have you tried the owner's club of which it is?

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
renault alpine , and yes tried owners club.
Trouble is , even if break i bearing the get it off , i cant just press that shaft into a new bearing.
it is a pain .