ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beards 172 daily project!

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
ok so with the flamed in pieces and me getting a new job and needing a car asap, I ended up buying this little gem. Plan is to do a few tweaks and keep it nice and clean. Anyway some pictures when I got it home.... image.jpeggimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
First jobs that I wanted to do were little jobs that didn't cost anything, changing bulbs,side repeaters, rear number plate light holder. Also needed to get rid of the horrid stubby aerial and the shitty ktec carbon fibre door pillar stickers. Here are some before and after pictures of the lights,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    903.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    914 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 91
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
So with weather being crap today, I decided to change the crappy melting steering wheel and the dash and fit a flocked dash top and an omp steering wheel with a snap off boss ( a proper one and not a cheap eBay special)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 128

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
So finally got the cambelt and dephaser on today. Started the job to be greeted by this! The engine has had a full head rebuild in the past and they managed to mess the cam seals up and got the timing all wrong!!! After a lot of cleaning, fitting new defused and timing it up correctly, the car is a dream to drive!
image.jpeg

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
image.jpg
Also purchased a scenic gearstick set up for £15 delivered, will do some tweeks to it and will fit it this week.

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
So another weekend which meant Clio time ( misses hates me ) and this week had the task of finding out why it handled so badly on the front, well I found it........! Yep the shock had dumped oil of its fluid out! Fortunately I had a set of coilovers on my flamer that I'm breaking, so swapped them over.
image.jpeg

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
image.jpeg
Couple more pictures of coilovers against crappy standard shock and flamer on its arse!
image.jpeg

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
After sorting suspension out, decided to remove rear bench and fit carpet, looks so much better. Also removed all the poorly wired sound system cables, can't believe how much of it there was!

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Where did you get the rear carpet from?

Also any pics of the scenic shifter fitted?
I got the rear carpet from a member on here, think you can get them one eBay tho. As for the shifter, I'm waiting on some bits from Yanoo and to finish a custom sleeve before I fit it.

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
FSo another weekend and another two days of working and swearing at the car! Fitted new wishbones as the ball joints were lets just say, very tired, also fitted my polybushes to the arb. Even tho it needs a geo badly, it feels so tight!

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Also decided to get rid of the Chevy black Renault diamonds and replace them with standard ones, it's the little things that make such a difference! Also removed the vile sticker from the rear window, why would anybody put s**t like this on there car lol

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
image.jpeg
Final post from this weekends work, I decided to start the epas conversion, fitted the steering column and started the wiring, got a diesel rack and fitted all new inner track arms and track rod ends, even managed to blow all the fuses in the engine bay due to putting a screw through the wiring loom, you live you learn!
image.jpeg

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
image.jpeg
Mid week updat, got bored at work so got my spare grilles and prepped and painted them satin black looks so much better and looking fo ward to fitting them tomorrow!
image.jpeg

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Removing that sticker has lost that car about 5bhp...

How you finding the epas ?
Ha ha, I'd rather lose the 5bhp than have filth on my car!

As for Epas, just got to fit the rack this weekend, joys of this car being a daily driver, can't afford to keep it off the road!

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Well, the epas conversion is complete and it's fun driving and playing with the knob! Anyway pictures ....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Also decided to tidy up the wiring loom and hide the no longer needed air con wires and carbon canister wiring. Will end up going standalone once I've decided which route to go for power :smile:

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Cheers for the comment. Tbh I don't like the filter but it will do till the ph1 air box arrives. I'm going to relocate the battery and ecu so will have plenty of room for the air box and the caf's :)

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
So bit of an update, car was due Mot and took it to work to get it done and it failed on a few things...

Airbag light
Rear n/s wheel bearing
Headlight aim
And emissions are through the roof!

So set up about fixing it all and after fitting the new rear disc and brembo pads, fitting resistors to the steering wheel squib and rear seat pretensioners and giving a very much needed service, the car has a fresh ticket!

So with that out of the way, I can now set about doing so serious mods.

Plans over the next few weeks are as follows:

Fit cup brake set up and remove all the Abs crap.
Fit the sm inlet once it's arrived
Remove the 172 manifold and fit the 182 manifold and link pipe.
Replace heavy standard battery with a light weight one as @cpaterson76 used on his epic trophy

Will also fit some 197 cams once I've found some!

Then I'll have it mapped to see what it produces.

I'm looking forward to the next month or so :)

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Ok so I'm back in the game after a crap year, combination of break ups, depression and moving house twice, I'm finally able to pick up the pieces and start on this toy again! So finished work for the year now and decided to get working on the car. I've had a few issues with the alarm so decided to remove it, whilst doing so the airbag, audio, door electrics and half the rear loom sort of fell out!!! I then weighed it all out of interest and it amounted to 1kg! The next step is spot weld drill bit is coming out to play
Before I scrapped the flamer I had I removed all the cup brake set up, so decided after much thought, I've decided to fit it to this one and get rid of the abs!

Busy times ahead but looking forward to it and I promise to take lots of pictures !

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
How she is sitting at the moment., tho the wheel colour
IMG_1127.JPG
is going to change or the wheels the,selves may change

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Plans for the abs delete and speedo mate? I want to do it on mine.

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Plans for the abs delete and speedo mate? I want to do it on mine.

So abs delete, I fitted genuine cup lines along with some Hel brake hoses. My car has a speedo driven gearbox so speedo works fine. As for warning lights, not an issue as I'm building a new loom to replace the cars current one. I did trim the standard loom down the other day but wasn't happy with it, so starting from scratch and going to use standalone ecu.

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1218.JPG
So this happened yesterday, bye bye ABS, hello cuplines and modified and fitted a scenic shifter! The sifter makes a world of difference changing gear, recommend this cheap mod to anybody!