ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Played some conquest on operation locker, 32vs32, utter mayhem. Got kicked near the end though.

Flol. And I thought that was manic enough with just 24 players on! Not a fave map of mine I admit, but a great way of racking up points.

Map glitch on there....
At the central prison complex with the guard tower in the middle - run up the stairs to the top as far as you can go. Then, looking through the window to guard tower ahead - make a jump onto the window ledge. Turn right and if you run/jump correctly, you can land on the ledge to the right without falling down.

Drop a beacon there and ideally get at least one assault and one support on that balcony. Loads of cover to hide behind and a wide ledge to stand back from fire with. Two teewats last night were nailing our team from up there last night - one was on 23/0 until I decided to RPG the b*****d. ;)

D.

172 Cup
I wasn't aware of any issues until I read this thread, I played through the single player with no issues at all - really enjoyed it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Flol. And I thought that was manic enough with just 24 players on! Not a fave map of mine I admit, but a great way of racking up points.

Map glitch on there....
At the central prison complex with the guard tower in the middle - run up the stairs to the top as far as you can go. Then, looking through the window to guard tower ahead - make a jump onto the window ledge. Turn right and if you run/jump correctly, you can land on the ledge to the right without falling down.

Drop a beacon there and ideally get at least one assault and one support on that balcony. Loads of cover to hide behind and a wide ledge to stand back from fire with. Two teewats last night were nailing our team from up there last night - one was on 23/0 until I decided to RPG the b*****d. ;)

D.

Never seen that one before I must say!

Update is out on PS4.

Clio 172
So...played yesterday on China Rising and I do like the new map pack, however after 5 hours of on off play I ranked up 10 levels. So between last Thursday and yesterday I have ranked up 34 levels after about 12 hours of game time.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Hmm, on the PS3 copy I got the maps with it….on PS4 copy it doesn't mention anything about them. Only just noticed :(

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Will finally get a go on this tonight. Nice result that the PS4 version is now patched.

Nippy white cup
I played domination last night with a m8 and it was really good! Never bothered with it before but it was great last night and never crashed once. Might be up for a blast tonight if you are on?

Mito Sportiva 135
Dice have ceased development of all other games and BF4 expansions until online MP bugs and glitches are fixed - reported today on IGN and various other sources.

Nippy white cup
Thats good because they need to do everything they can and quick otherwise people are going to give up and get shut

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I played domination last night with a m8 and it was really good! Never bothered with it before but it was great last night and never crashed once. Might be up for a blast tonight if you are on?

Yeah I'll be on tonight Chris, after a bit of Fifa.

Like I say, I'm really enjoying BF4 when it's working. It's brilliant infact. Trouble is, I was pretty sh*t hot on BF:BC2 and even BF3 but I'm getting my ass handed to me on this one. My K/D is about 0.60 so not too good. Most of the deaths from snipers. The maps are littered with them and if you play on hardcore it makes knowing where you were shot from almost impossible - especially on high level building maps.

Rocking Engineer at the moment. Love taking out the tanks with the M2 Slam mines. Just need to unlock the Anti-tank field upgrade which allows me to carry more explosives. 3 isn't enough and it's so hard finding ammo packs because NO C*NT drops any.

Clio 172
Yeah I'll be on tonight Chris, after a bit of Fifa.

Like I say, I'm really enjoying BF4 when it's working. It's brilliant infact. Trouble is, I was pretty sh*t hot on BF:BC2 and even BF3 but I'm getting my ass handed to me on this one. My K/D is about 0.60 so not too good. Most of the deaths from snipers. The maps are littered with them and if you play on hardcore it makes knowing where you were shot from almost impossible - especially on high level building maps.

Rocking Engineer at the moment. Love taking out the tanks with the M2 Slam mines. Just need to unlock the Anti-tank field upgrade which allows me to carry more explosives. 3 isn't enough and it's so hard finding ammo packs because NO C*NT drops any.

Yea my KD is about 1.8 on BF3, its currently 0.95 on BF4 with 100 k/d defecit. Tried armour whoring yesterday but even that is hard to get enough kills on some of the new HUGE China Rising maps.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Im not looking forward to being a minnow again - loved BF3 and really got into the Medic role.

Almost effort to start all over again!

It does reward you for sticking with the same kit. Bizarrely, even on the infantry only maps like Operation Locker, I still use the engineer kit as the unlocks I've got on the UMP-45 actually make it quite useful now. My other standard kit is totally horse in comparison.

I've noticed some serious abilities on support people with LMGs equipped with unlocks. Literally walking forward, spraying large areas with a lot of lead. Ideally, I want to pursue the recon class, as that's the one I always ignore - pretty much on any BF game previously too.

D.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
It does reward you for sticking with the same kit. Bizarrely, even on the infantry only maps like Operation Locker, I still use the engineer kit as the unlocks I've got on the UMP-45 actually make it quite useful now. My other standard kit is totally horse in comparison.

I've noticed some serious abilities on support people with LMGs equipped with unlocks. Literally walking forward, spraying large areas with a lot of lead. Ideally, I want to pursue the recon class, as that's the one I always ignore - pretty much on any BF game previously too.

D.

Recon will be attractive if you can Zero the sights on multiplayer too?

Couldnt get on with it in BF3

1.8 Civic EX
Up to level 11 now. Loving a bit of the commander mode. Quite satisfying telling all squads to attack one point to then suddenly see all the blue triangles on the map running in the same direction, and chucking supply drops on roofs for the snipers etc, not forgetting the air ship and the cruise missiles :)

Makes a nice change too from running about.

I've only used the ak12 as an assault so far. Seem to be doing ok but a lot of the maps do seem to cater more for engineers and snipers than anything else.

anyone feel free to add me up on xbox rhino16v or on the battlefield battlelog http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Rhino16v/stats/175606365/64/

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Mine seems to be ok on everything except rush, it's lagging during rush, possibly because of the bigger maps? Been playing a lot of Obliteration so far. Anybody on PS4? Fancy having a bash at this tonight? - my PSN id is DafsJones

Im getting a bit lag and jumpy ness too esp the 32v32 it's spot on with less players. Sometimes it's ok haven't got tine to sight up and your dead sometimes. Just crashed again on the PS4 2nd game in too. I'll add you

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What's this update on the PS4 suppose to do. I'm still crashing, lag, blur screen.

I will be beasting this next week when my ps4 arrives. I could be playing it now but I'm a mong and sold it.

I can't wait to give this game some serious time allocation

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It's a cracking game but it's taking the piss since release, esp the 64 man servers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a really weird issue a few rounds back on the dam map. Spawned in a boat (only me on it) - and as I start to cruise towards the objectives, my controls stop responding. It went slightly juddery and I noticed that rather than have my name piloting it - some SirRingPiece (or whatever) his name was, was driving. I jumped out, looked at the boat and no-one was onboard.

Climbed back on and it was fine for about 10secs and then the controls weren't mine again. And SirKnobChops was back. I bailed for good and made the quick swim to the island - allowing the boat the blow up a short time later.

Ghost-ships within BF4? ;)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Me, Chris and his mate Andy had a good few games last night on Conquest hardcore on XBO. I was booted out after each map but because there were around 58 people on the server it wasn't a problem getting back in, which took around a minute.

It's not without its problems, but it was pretty decent. Ranked up to 15 too and unlocked the MP7 with engineer class. It's ROF is 900 I think, but I find it difficult to use with the iron sights. I'll either stick with it and unlock extras, or continue to use the PP2000 with holo. Also unlocked all the engineer tools including the SRAW's etc.

M2 Slam mines are ace for taking out tanks. Combined with the Anti-tank offensive ribbon, which allows you to carry 6 instead of 3, it's quality. Just need more support guys to drop ammo.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is there any way to change vehicle controls away from the god awful 'stick forward' acceleration??

Much prefer using the triggers

I'm not sure what the change view button is yet, either. Hate driving that tank in first person, as I like to see which sneaky c*nts are planting C4 on the rear.

Nippy white cup
Me, Chris and his mate Andy had a good few games last night on Conquest hardcore on XBO. I was booted out after each map but because there were around 58 people on the server it wasn't a problem getting back in, which took around a minute.

It's not without its problems, but it was pretty decent. Ranked up to 15 too and unlocked the MP7 with engineer class. It's ROF is 900 I think, but I find it difficult to use with the iron sights. I'll either stick with it and unlock extras, or continue to use the PP2000 with holo. Also unlocked all the engineer tools including the SRAW's etc.

M2 Slam mines are ace for taking out tanks. Combined with the Anti-tank offensive ribbon, which allows you to carry 6 instead of 3, it's quality. Just need more support guys to drop ammo.

Yeah it was a good doo last night but I need much better guns than I currently have which I suppose will come with playing it more. Also pretty much fed up of snipers already but it is satisfying when you go back and stab the f*****s in the chest!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah it was a good doo last night but I need much better guns than I currently have which I suppose will come with playing it more. Also pretty much fed up of snipers already but it is satisfying when you go back and stab the f**kers in the chest!

I'd actually really like to have a go at being a sniper in this, but the initial guns are f*cking diabolical.

Think I racked up over 3000 kills on BC2 as a sniper. Plus the Gol Magnum rifle is back on BF4.

As you say though, it's very, very frustrating in hardcore mode being shot by a sniper, because trying to locate them is almost impossible once you've taken a bullet in the noggin.

Battlelog is a good place to see what your next weapon unlocks are, and how many points etc. you need for a certain weapon :)

Clio 172
Knifing is an absolute joke, I have over 2000+ knife kills in BF3, BF4 about 10. I even had a counter countered yesterday I mean wtf is that about? Might as well shot the bloke.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it was a good doo last night but I need much better guns than I currently have which I suppose will come with playing it more. Also pretty much fed up of snipers already but it is satisfying when you go back and stab the f**kers in the chest!

Much better to surround them with mines.

Shoot them in the leg once - they try to run or stand up. Pop one into a mine and KABOOM.

But thats because I'm a vindictive fucker :evil:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd actually really like to have a go at being a sniper in this, but the initial guns are f*cking diabolical.

Think I racked up over 3000 kills on BC2 as a sniper. Plus the Gol Magnum rifle is back on BF4.

As you say though, it's very, very frustrating in hardcore mode being shot by a sniper, because trying to locate them is almost impossible once you've taken a bullet in the noggin.

Battlelog is a good place to see what your next weapon unlocks are, and how many points etc. you need for a certain weapon :)

Another benefit of being in vehicles with the IR sights - snipers hiding away, light up like a Christmas tree. Unless they have that stealth unlock.

Knifing is an absolute joke, I have over 2000+ knife kills in BF3, BF4 about 10. I even had a counter countered yesterday I mean wtf is that about? Might as well shot the bloke.

I don't even know how to counter yet - lol. Only got my first dog-tag last night - and that was because the dude was stood there trying to get a Stinger on our choppers' ass.

On a lighter note - some of the custom options for servers are silly. I got booted from a server that had a "NO KILL" policy after I shot at someone. Essentially the 'players' were content to simply acquire conquest ribbons by capturing points. I mean - COME ON, FFS! That would be like playing Forza or GT and actually not racing! :quiet:

D.