ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

AK

M240i
Downloading this now after a combination of Game/Royal Mail have misplaced/cocked up my order.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Premium gets you?

4 map packs?

• Free access to all DLC and expansion packs
  • Exclusive Battlefield 4 weapons and items
  • Server priority in multiplayer
  • New Battlelog features
  • Exclusive awards (ribbons and medals)
  • Double XP weekends once a month
  • New dog tags, assignments, awards, etc.
  • Exclusive strategy guides and videos on Battlelog
  • Additional unlocks
  • New skins and camos for all classes
  • Ability to reset your stats if you want a fresh start
Battlefield 4 Premium offers plenty of extra features that are worth the price. Especially if you are looking to get DLC, Premium will give you free access to all DLC, which individually will cost around £10 a piece. Premium for BF3 included 5 expansion packs, and it’s expected that Battlefield Premium will offer access to at least as many.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Never been a fan of HC, I find normal/core much more challenging and less frustrating.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Never been a fan of HC, I find normal/core much more challenging and less frustrating.

Like I say the guys in the thread have decent points, and I think BF4 is actually a lot more harsh on HC than the other BF's were. You can also find Barbie Mode games without a hud and spotting etc.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Like I say the guys in the thread have decent points, and I think BF4 is actually a lot more harsh on HC than the other BF's were. You can also find Barbie Mode games without a hud and spotting etc.

I think less people will play HC on BF4, the explosives are so powerful, RPGs especially and now you can have 3 grenades (V40 mini) can you imagine what it will be like playing HC on a 64 man server in operation locker? LOL so many team kills!

AK

M240i
Cannot wait to play Metro.

58% downloaded for BF4. I didn't even check the file size before starting. It's 34GB :eek:.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just watching this vid and I see the guy is reviving people with the paddles, can I assume that for that to work, when the person dies they just don't respawn and wait for someone to revive them or do you have to do something once you die?

Last edited by a moderator:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ffs, please don't reply to my posts if all you are going to do is take the piss, how the f**k am I meant to work this out without help with no instruction manual.

did you step into the drivers seat of your car at 17 and automatically know exactly how to drive without lessons because you'd been a passenger for 17 years?

all I wan to know is why bodies are lying on the floor waiting to be revived when I play and as soon as I die I respawn again so wouldn't be left lying on the floor.

its not like I've declared I can't tell the time or blow my nose, I'm an educated and intelligent person thank you, just not a mind reader.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I apologise :(. Basically when people get shot you have a certain time scale to revive them, a symbol above their head letting you know you need to get your ass over and revive them. It's brilliant in a fire fight and you bounce round reviving people. You can kill people or atleast you could in bf3 with the pads but its a bit of an art. Do you play support the most?

dk

911 GTS Cab
No assault, but I'm thinking of trying these other types and just want to get my head around them before I run Around like a headless chicken.

Thankyou for replying though, I've never really played fps online before so it is all very new to me, even though I've played most of the cods in single player.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cod games are just run and gun with minimal thought really. Bf is more of a take your time and pick your moment, far more strategic. Once you get into it you will really enjoy it. Anything else you need to know just ask mate :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've finally unlocked the Scar H with Assault class. Took ages, and I'm Rank 5. Some people unlocked it at Rank 2 :S

Reviving people was a great way to rack up points on BF3, at around 100-200 per revive. On BF4 you only get 20 points. Crazy. Both medic boxes and revives are far more beneficial to use on Hardcore mode. Medic boxes creatively, as health doesn't regenerate so people are always wanting medics to help out. But in none hardcore mode you gain health back if you hide away from gunfire long enough.

If you are revived after being killed, you get two options on screen - Accept or Refuse. It's always more beneficial to accept as it removes your death stat by 1, but you may just get shot again as soon as you're revived so when the options are on screen you have a chance to weigh them up and decide if you want to respawn with your life back.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Don't you get more revive points if you rub the pads for longer? Sure I saw on a video, quick revive was 20 and rubbing the pads like an idiot then revive gets you a 100.

DCi
Ffs, please don't reply to my posts if all you are going to do is take the piss, how the f**k am I meant to work this out without help with no instruction manual.

did you step into the drivers seat of your car at 17 and automatically know exactly how to drive without lessons because you'd been a passenger for 17 years?

all I wan to know is why bodies are lying on the floor waiting to be revived when I play and as soon as I die I respawn again so wouldn't be left lying on the floor.

its not like I've declared I can't tell the time or blow my nose, I'm an educated and intelligent person thank you, just not a mind reader.

If you 'just' die there is a window for a person to revive you before you respawn.

I don't know if you have spotted the overall score for each game (called tickets) when one team runs out of tickets the other team wins.

You lose a ticket over time but also each time a person respawns so it's wise to revive where possible to save tickets.

I say 'just' die as opposed to dying via headshot as I believe that means you cannot be revived...

dk

911 GTS Cab
Ah ok, I've never had the option to accept or reject a revive so I guess I've never had someone try and revive me, I do respawn as soon as possible though so maybe I'm not giving them time. I'm presuming the call for medic is only for when you are still alive and low on life and when you do it it alerts the medic on the map?

I have seen the tickets yes, I guessed it was similar to a team getting to 100 in cod, but the opposite by going to 0.

I think my other issue is that because I don't have a squad, I'm not actually moving around in that squad working together, I'm currently just working by myself.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
When you die, you have a timer at the bottom right counting down to 0 (which then changes to DEPLOY), the medic can revive you as long as there is time left on the timer. Yeah the medic will be alerted by a flashing '+' sign on the map and by people shouting "i need a f**king medic" etc. Lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've seen the timer, i just hadn't made the connection, just thought it was to delay you getting back in the game.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Oh yeah it does but also after it hits zero a medic can't revive you. I've had people revive me when there's 1 second left, but as soon as 'deploy' shows the revive icon above the player disappears.

182 Cup
Loving this game, just can't get enough time to play it! Usually go recon 95% of the time in these games but its engineer class all the way at the moment.

Who's playing on pc?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Definitely! I'm using the UTS 15 shotgun atm, same stats as the SPAS12 but with better accuracy and 15 rounds per mag, pump action.

1.8 Civic EX
Just finished the single player campaign, first time I played it through, on hard. It's actually quite easy to be honest. I don't agree with all the bad reviews it got for its single player. I'd go so far as to say it's the best fps single player campaign ive played. Graphicly amazing, completely mental at points and really enjoyable. The only thing that let it down for me was how easy it was. Gonna go through it again on easy to pick up the collectables I missed etc before I head online.