ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Mito Sportiva 135
Nice. That gun looks decent I've not used any of the carbines yet - will probably use them instead of the PWR weapons when I move onto engineer class.

As for the chopper video - I can't believe no one shot him down! Usually in my games it's constant lock ons or other chopper battles, plus no engineer repairs. Good flying though!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm playing this on the 360 and despite me thinking it would feel underwhelming compared to next gen, I am really enjoying it. The only thing I would say is that despite having the DLC maps the rotation of maps seems a bit poor - I seen to be playing the same 4 or 5 every time unless I go and search for specific maps.

However I've been really enjoying the game. Only played as Assault really so far to get all the unlocks - and now have the Ace after completing the Assault Expert medal. As I was using only the AK12 before, it feels much better with less recoil and more accuracy. What does everyone else think is the best Assault gun and setup?

I need to improve my k/d ratio - I've been playing conquest mainly and going for the objectives but as a result I'm down to about 0.75 :( I know it doesn't really matter but like to be at least at 1 as a matter of pride.

Also as for people having difficulty getting into games...I've got the Premium content (Decided to treat myself as it was Xmas!) and I seem to go in very quickly, having less problems than my friends who don't. Not saying you should pay £30+ for this pleasure but unfortunately it does seem to work!

I thought the same mate, but I'm really impressed! Loving conquest mode, the maps are really well put together. If anyone is up for a game add me!

Diesel Davis

Rob.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not to take anything away from that pilot, but if no one shoots you down what's stopping anybody from getting huge kill streaks? The little birds are extremely easy to manoeuvre and the 25mm cannons are deadly. I was doing really well in it yesterday with @Dredz06 as my engineer, but it got to the stage where groups of them were using stingers against me, repair tool couldn't fix me quick enough!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I remember the good old days of BF1942 and flying low to the ground to rearm :D

Flying in low over the ground on El Alamein? ;)

The neat part about that is if you blitzed past, you'd only get a few additional rounds of ammo. You either had to crawl by like a sitting duck to fully rearm or physically land.

It worked.

D.

Clio 1.2 16v
Even with two people using stingers, their little bird and their anti air gun it took them a good 10 minutes to get us, even then it was because we tried to road kill a group of them Instead of shooting LOL noobs

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Not to take anything away from that pilot, but if no one shoots you down what's stopping anybody from getting huge kill streaks? The little birds are extremely easy to manoeuvre and the 25mm cannons are deadly. I was doing really well in it yesterday with @Dredz06 as my engineer, but it got to the stage where groups of them were using stingers against me, repair tool couldn't fix me quick enough!

The Stinger is OP but on a map like Flood Zone there are buildings which can be used for cover/repair, as he's doing. In an open map he'd be shot down in no time though, even with 2 or 3 engineers on board.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The Stinger is OP but on a map like Flood Zone there are buildings which can be used for cover/repair, as he's doing. In an open map he'd be shot down in no time though, even with 2 or 3 engineers on board.

He wasn't under huge pressure though, openly hovering in busy parts of the map for a good few seconds each time, even trying to roadkill people. If it were against people that use RPGs he wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes! Lol That aside, it is an impressive killstreak.

RX7 FD
Flying in low over the ground on El Alamein? ;)

The neat part about that is if you blitzed past, you'd only get a few additional rounds of ammo. You either had to crawl by like a sitting duck to fully rearm or physically land.

It worked.

D.

El Alamein was fantastic fun! Definitely the faster you went the less ammo you picked up. Something that would be an interesting implementation now I do think.

I remember being a tail gunner in the bomber. That was great.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Had a good round on Zavod in the little bird, GeordieClioDriver in the AA gun and Geddes as my engineer. Was in the air for 90% of the round tbh, it was only at the last few tickets did they attempt to take me down.

Mini JCW
So a few issues with BF4 for me that's really spoiling it.

When respawning, occasionally on the loading map i'll get 2 lines of large white pixels which flicker on and off - happens half the time.

Also I get lag which is in the form of the game freezing for a half second pretty much every 5 seconds or so, which is especially noticeable when driving a vehicle. My connection is NAT2, 20MB UL and 2MB DL and is rock solid stable.

Clio 1.2 16v
So a few issues with BF4 for me that's really spoiling it.

When respawning, occasionally on the loading map i'll get 2 lines of large white pixels which flicker on and off - happens half the time.

Also I get lag which is in the form of the game freezing for a half second pretty much every 5 seconds or so, which is especially noticeable when driving a vehicle. My connection is NAT2, 20MB UL and 2MB DL and is rock solid stable.

Yeah i get the pixels too, annoying but they dissapear as soon as you spawn, Geddes gets rubber banding too i wonder if he's managed to sort it

Clio Rs 200T
Was having a brilliant game on conquest then the weather decides to mess up the internet and boom lost all xp and everything gutted!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah, I get bad rubber banding still, it really pisses me off that like. Lag was really bad the other day. Lag wasn't too bad tonight though. I get those pixels too.

BF is designed for the PC, I just didn't think the little bird was that manuverable. I'm getting better at flying it. But not that quick getting about.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
They must have sorted out the thing when you both die, hasn't happened for a while now. That was getting to me too

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Working good for me tonight, ACE 23 is a weapon! Although I prefer Engineer class than Assault. What's the best gun I can pick as an Engineer?

Mk2 ph1 clio
Haha. I'm not keen on the PDW's but I enjoy unlocking everything so I need to start using them. The assault class is what I'm using ATM but no-one drops any ammo!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
El Alamein was fantastic fun! Definitely the faster you went the less ammo you picked up. Something that would be an interesting implementation now I do think.

I remember being a tail gunner in the bomber. That was great.

Good times on that. El Alamein is probably my favourite BF map of all time, along with Shuhia Taiba on 2142. Did you ever try out Desert Combat too?

Not sure if you're aware, but if you have an Origin account with EA, you can download the original Battlefield 1942, free of charge. I haven't done that yet, but I think I will once my home broadband gets sorted. :)

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
I had a bug last night when using the attack boat. In the same round it said I unlocked burst fire and fire extinguisher but I just went onto Battlelog and I haven't even unlocked the 30mm rounds yet (the unlock before burst fire). Bit annoying I thought I'd smashed it!! Those attack boats are lethal if you have a squad in them on paracel storm.

RX7 FD
Good times on that. El Alamein is probably my favourite BF map of all time, along with Shuhia Taiba on 2142. Did you ever try out Desert Combat too?

Not sure if you're aware, but if you have an Origin account with EA, you can download the original Battlefield 1942, free of charge. I haven't done that yet, but I think I will once my home broadband gets sorted. :)

D.

Never got around to playing Desert Combat as much compared to 1942!

O can you!? I know what I will be looking up when I get home :)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I should be on later. Though my couple of attempts to play this this week have ended as a result of problems. Primarily major lag that I've never experienced before.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm on now with Liam , join our server. I'll be on fir another 2 games or so then bed

Clio Rs 200T
The weather is seriously starting to annoy me 4 disconnections from psn today.... And the one just now.... Oh and I do have a mic I'm just bunged up with cold and that so can't really talk :/

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The weather is seriously starting to annoy me 4 disconnections from psn today.... And the one just now.... Oh and I do have a mic I'm just bunged up with cold and that so can't really talk :/

Cheers for joining in, I didn't realise you were in the chat. Hopefully be ok for tomorrow night though. Try turning the router off by the mains and leave for a few mins and turn back on again. That might sort it out a little

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Seems like the SWET clan is getting loads off attention lately . Getting messages saying add me as friend request, can I join you and help out and so on