ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bass Needed!

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Hi Guys,

Had a boot install but seems to be that the amp and sub drained the battery big time and i couldn't be bothered in taking the risk in my car not starting in the mornings. Also rattled the car like fcuk and the missus kept moaning about no boot space, Biggest annoyance by far.

I have a little idea though. I have sone audiobahn 400w (200w RMS) 6x9's sat in the house which im thinking about powering with the HiFonics amp I previously used with the sub (200w RMS each channel).

What do you think of my little idea? Mainly asking because i like a fair amount of BUMP to my music.

Cheers for Comments Guys

Why did it drain the battery?

Were you playing it for ages with the engine off?

Was the amp switched off when the headunit was? (i.e. was the remote wire connected properly to it?)

Is your battery old and now crap? (Halfords do a free test.)

I'd keep the sub, upgrade the fronts to some decent components and not bother with the 6x9s as they generally sound poo (imo) :)

And if it's annoying you by rattling things, you can always sound-deaden the boot etc. (Or just turn the bass down a bit on the Head Unit ;))

Slooooow Ass 1.2
I have no idea why the battery drained so much, i noticed it when i was travelling in the dark mainly because of the lights dimming, i turned it down and still they dimmed but it just took longer for them to get really noticable but they seemed to still get there eventually. Ive made sure everything is wired up correctly and triple checked especially my ground and my remote wires. I don't play it with the engine off bcuz i was worried enough about the battery dying.

I was thinking about sound deadening the doors and boot but have no idea what sot of costs im looking at.

Cheers,
Luke