ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bash's Hillclimb car

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707
It was quite a lot of work but is absolutely perfect I basically inverted the omp ones but it wasn't quite that simple.
The thing that I did find was the flex on the sill side at the rear of the frame is excessive I cured this with and extra bracing added,
I don't know if JON FOZ has come across this problem yet.
Needless to say i won't be knocking them out for everyone as the take some making and JON FOZ has put in the effort to produce a good version for people on here.

Last edited:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707
It was quite a lot of work but is absolutely perfect I basically inverted the omp ones but it wasn't quite that simple.
The thing that I did find was the flex on the sill side at the rear of the frame is excessive I cured this with and extra bracing added,
I don't know if JON FOZ has come across this problem yet.
Needless to say i won't be knocking them out for everyone as the take some making and JON FOZ has put in the effort to produce a good version for people on here.
Yeah it definitely made sense for you to do with you already having the subframes. Are you running harnesses? Trying to weigh up my options now tbh, i'm not sure where the standard seat belt attaches to with buckets?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it definitely made sense for you to do with you already having the subframes. Are you running harnesses? Trying to weigh up my options now tbh, i'm not sure where the standard seat belt attaches to with buckets?
I made a bracket for the buckle on the passenger side out of a rear seat bucket and bracket but running a harness on the drivers side
when JON FOZ has them ready dan get some of those i would probably go for harness' rather than belts
you're welcome to come and have a look at my set up to make your decision easier.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Surprising how much lower the home brew subframe has dropped the seat,
Passenger on OMP frame with runners, Drivers on my frame with runners.
image.jpg

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
They're the large, I could've got away with the small but a little wiggle room is never bad and I still don't roll around in them on track

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Yesterday at Blyton park,
Other than 2 Aston Martin racing GT4 factory team cars it showed the rest of the field a clean pair of heels:up:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the seat position is now perfect, not so low that you can't the road ahead but low enough to feel I'm sat in the seat rather than on it.
here's another one with the In-Laws Aston in the background
image.jpg

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
CSS is on a Harewood championship weekend so probably not, but may pop across for few hours if I get chance.
Regards the plate I was thinking of have a extra large plate just to be non conformist.
How are your tyres?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Quite a few people are asking about fitting the clubsport seats so here's a quick guide,

-The seats took a total of about 2 hours to fit start to finish but that was getting a move on,
it's more fiddly than difficult to get them perfect,

-The renault seat bolts in with 4 under the car, 2 of them nearer the sills are under rubber grommets and the other 2 can be unbolted through the heat shield for the cat via 2 access holes,

-Remember to unclip the airbag wiring from under the seats

-Then bolt the new subframes to your bucket seats with m8 x 30 cap head bolts (allen key head) with the washers and nylon nuts,
this might be fiddly and require a little bit of readjustment of the seat rail runners if you're using them.

- you will now need to lift the carpet around the tunnel near the gearstick surround as you will need to remove the air ducting the runs under the seats and carpets, as these get in the way of the subframe
(omp or JON_FOZ extra low version).

-now bolt the lot (seat and subframe) into the car with the m8 x 40 bolts and reusing the original renault nuts the came from the original seats.

- you will then have to fit resistors under the seat in the airbag wiring to turn off the airbag warning light,
search it but 3.3 ohm if i remember right
- and fit harness bolts through the floor if you're running harnesses 7/16 unf with spreader plates like these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-RSA-7...tes-FIA-MSA-/301361007654?hash=item462a840c26

BOLTS YOU WILL NEED ARE BELOW

you'll need 8 of m8 x 40mm bolts to bolt the subframes to the car floor like these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M5-M6-M8-...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2324779192
and 8 of m8 x 25mm to bolt the seats to the subframes like these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-8mm-A4...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item53f9f18c69
and them a 10 pack of m8 nyloc nuts like these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A4-Marine...-10-12-/360650014234?var=&hash=item53f86a7e1a
and a 10 pack of washers like these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M4-M5-M6-...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item19d2d37f79

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
The Jack Royal wheel arrived today,
It's black alcantara with blue stitching, Looks fricking awesome,
The bottom photo shows the head lining that I have dyed black and the satin black ''A'' pillar covers,
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Sick of my feet slipping on the pedals when wet i have stuck some industrial grip tape of the pedals, cost £3.50 for a meter of the stuff from eBay,
also managed to get the wheel fitted:smile:,
I took the car for a quick blast and a biker on an R6 wanted to play so I obliged, He probably feels a bit stupid now.:stig:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
the a pillar covers were plastic primer and any satin black,
the heading requires removal but its not particularly hard to do and used 3 cans of auto glym black spray dye

the a pillar covers were plastic primer and any satin black,
the heading requires removal but its not particularly hard to do and used 3 cans of auto glym black spray dye
Cheers, Maybe make the headlining a job for the winter, did it take a long time to dry?? Then I'll want to do all the roof plastics black too I think. Though the sun visors might be tricky.
Oh, and I really want the extra low frames, sorts pretty much my main dislike out completely.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
That's the final corner at harewood hill
Dan, you can loose a second getting it wrong, that was a rare moment of me getting it right.
I'm trying to be the first non diff'ed production Clio to break the 70 second barrier, I'm at 70.4 currently and only the September meeting to go, which could be wet anyway, if it is at least I can get the class win instead as this car is awesome in the wet.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Bought a cheap PH1 Today, seems a decent car
eibach springs
belts done dec 13
scorpion cat back
but no MoT, yet
and judders in first gear so chucking some engine mounts on that i have in the garage and if not can have the part worn clutch out the hillclimber too,
$_57-3.JPG

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
PH1 Tested, needed a wiper blade and an advise on a rear shocker,
Has previously been a members as it has a cliosport sticker in the back window too

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
From Ossett dan,
off t'ebay,
I have replaced the clutch today, hard work on the drive, the release bearing had pretty much shat itself

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
removed the N/S subframe bolts and just Backed off the O/S gave me enough room to slide the box across and get my small child like Berol wielding hands in.