ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Barnett's Odyssey dci

Arctic 182FF
Love it!

If you are going to fit 172 side skirts and front wings, wouldn't you need a new bumper too?

Yeah I think I would have to but I don't want a 172 replica. So I won't be going for the front bumper or wings. If I can find a way to do the side skirts without any other modifications then that'd be something I'd like to do.

Arctic 182FF
Got a few more little bits done today.

First of all I got a better picture illustrating the size of the new front plate:

IMAG1087_zpsa3eee964.jpg

Also got some new SMD sidelights, although I'm not convinced they're any brighter than the old ones

IMAG1082_zpsdae48500.jpg

Also took delivery of a battery cover. It came with a bolt but I couldn't find anything to bolt it into, but it sat quite well and securely in the position I put it in so it's being left like that for now. I really need an engine cover and then I could get the engine bay actually looking quite nice.

IMAG1080_zpsddada11a.jpg

IMAG1081_zpse0d01cdd.jpg

Also gave the car a wash with a bit more effort today as it was sunny. Just used auto glym car shampoo and some turtle wax, but it came it quite shiny :)

IMAG1085_zps830b5201.jpg

IMAG1089_zps9b11a31f.jpg

I also bought a set of wind deflectors and fitted them today. I wanted them for their actual function rather than for the way they look, but I think they look alright, probably not an improvement but they don't ruin the car in my eyes.

IMAG1079_2_zpsbaa33cd1.jpg

Looks nice, going to get some new plates for mine soon! Also looking good with the wind deflectors, I tried Team Heko ones and had loads of issues with them catching etc. and also one of them broke (still trying to get my money back a few months down the line!) - Out of interest what brand are yours and how easy were they to fit? :)

Arctic 182FF
Looks nice, going to get some new plates for mine soon! Also looking good with the wind deflectors, I tried Team Heko ones and had loads of issues with them catching etc. and also one of them broke (still trying to get my money back a few months down the line!) - Out of interest what brand are yours and how easy were they to fit? :)

Thanks :) I'd recommend fancyplates, plus you get 10% cs discount :) I'm afraid the wind deflectors are team heko ones. They did catch the first time I put the windows up and down but only minimally, haven't really used the car since. To be fair I could put up with them catching the way they did, it's only every time you put the window back up.

Thanks :) I'd recommend fancyplates, plus you get 10% cs discount :) I'm afraid the wind deflectors are team heko ones. They did catch the first time I put the windows up and down but only minimally, haven't really used the car since. To be fair I could put up with them catching the way they did, it's only every time you put the window back up.

Ahh okay, awesome :) I'll definitely use them then :) How do you claim the discount as I couldn't spot anything on their website? :)

Ahh okay, fair enough :) The biggest issue with the ones I had was the front two deflectors were stopping the windows from going up completely, doesn't sound like you've got that :)
I'll wait to see if I can get my money back from the theiving b******s on eBay who sold me dodgy deflectors and then I'll maybe ask you again to see how you've got on with them ;)

Arctic 182FF
Ahh okay, awesome :) I'll definitely use them then :) How do you claim the discount as I couldn't spot anything on their website? :)

Ahh okay, fair enough :) The biggest issue with the ones I had was the front two deflectors were stopping the windows from going up completely, doesn't sound like you've got that :)
I'll wait to see if I can get my money back from the theiving b*****ds on eBay who sold me dodgy deflectors and then I'll maybe ask you again to see how you've got on with them ;)

I just put a note in the comments section with my cliosport.net club member number and asked for the discount. They then reimbursed the 10% at a week(ish) later :)

Ah that sucks :/ did you try just pushing the deflectors out of the way and putting your window up? That's essentially what I did when I first put them in to make sure they were in the right position and so they would stick in that position. Alright I'll let you know.

Clio II Dci
exact numbers dunno mate
but my guess it aint expensive as much to get rs fenders and skirts.. i think u will need some1 who can weld plastic to get it to look just right

Mk2 phase one cilo
I also bought a set of wind deflectors and fitted them today. I wanted them for their actual function rather than for the way they look, but I think they look alright, probably not an improvement but they don't ruin the car in my eyes.

IMAG1079_2_zpsbaa33cd1.jpg
do you have the adjusters in the back as mine is wound all the way down but is no as low as this?

I just put a note in the comments section with my cliosport.net club member number and asked for the discount. They then reimbursed the 10% at a week(ish) later :)

Ah that sucks :/ did you try just pushing the deflectors out of the way and putting your window up? That's essentially what I did when I first put them in to make sure they were in the right position and so they would stick in that position. Alright I'll let you know.

Ahh okay, cool :) I'll do that then! :)

Yeah, I put them in the right place and then let them set for 48 hours before I moved the windows again :( If I get another pair then I'll make sure to be extra careful ;)

Arctic 182FF
do you have the adjusters in the back as mine is wound all the way down but is no as low as this?

I can't remember to be honest. But I'm pretty sure the adjusters are in but wound all the way down. Do you have the same coilovers as I do?

Ahh okay, cool :) I'll do that then! :)

Yeah, I put them in the right place and then let them set for 48 hours before I moved the windows again :( If I get another pair then I'll make sure to be extra careful ;)

Ah right, it probably was a fault with the one you got then. Shame because I quite like them.

Arctic 182FF
A bit more progress today. I bought new discs (standard brembos), pads (Ferodo DS2500s) and brake fluid (DOT 4 Super blue) a while ago off G172 on here, and finally got them fitted today.

IMAG0921_zpsb6d8228b.jpg

Haven't got around to trying them out to see if there's much difference as this was the brake set up already fitted, but needed replacing.
Found out some good news and bad news about the car. The brakes have been tinkered with by one of the previous owners, meaning (bad news) the rear brake nipples had been broken off so the fluid couldn't be replaced in the rears. However, I also found out that it had braided brake lines fitted on the front (good news) so I'm pretty happy about that.