ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bank holiday monday Hunstanton meet 5th May 2014 12PM

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I'm setting off in a bit. But like I said in another post, the girlfriend is coming along aswell, so will only be hanging around for a bit before we head off to the the seaside bits.

im heading off at 10 so yeah il cya there, me n the misses 5 year anniversary today so gotta prolly go into town too and do something as im dragging her to a clio meet lol

C3 Picasso Beast
Have fun but I'll be surprised if you see many people turn up who should be! Feel sorry for you if it's as s**t as I'm expecting considering how far you'll be driving...

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
We are on our way. Just stuck in traffic. Be there soon.
I'm really sorry about not seeing you! I met up with, if I remember correctly, RSMatt at 12 and we hung around till half 12 and no one had turned up.
I tried checking on here to see if anyone had posted but had no signal on mine, or the girlfriends phone.

Anyway, from now on I'll leave the meets to the area rep.

C3 Picasso Beast
So it was just the two of you then and Shane who you never saw?

I'm really glad I couldn't come otherwise I would have been really fucked off!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
So it was just the two of you then and Shane who you never saw?

I'm really glad I couldn't come otherwise I would have been really f**ked off!
Yeah it was. I'd brought my girlfriend along and Matt had brought someone along too luckily. We hung around for half an hour to give people the benefit of the doubt, but no one showed up. Feel bad that scaryopa drove all that way for no reason in the end.

Last time i try and organise a meet, that's for sure.

C3 Picasso Beast
Thing is I don't think there's the love for the Clios now as there use to be in EoE! Many of the older reliable members have moved on and most of the newer local members can't really be bothered to stand around talking about Clios in a car park it seems and say they'll come to a meet but when it comes down to it don't bother...

I tried to get on here too but no net or phone signal at all there, i was there for about 2 and a half hours, the 172 was gone when i came back but you were still there Owen, o well me and the misses had a good day anyhows. Atleats there was something to do :)

Only s**t thing is my emissions light just came on after puting a new cat on friday and got an Mot wednesday... fek!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I tried to get on here too but no net or phone signal at all there, i was there for about 2 and a half hours, the 172 was gone when i came back but you were still there Owen, o well me and the misses had a good day anyhows. Atleats there was something to do :)

Only s**t thing is my emissions light just came on after puting a new cat on friday and got an Mot wednesday... fek!
Glad you had a good day despite the meet being a blow out. Any sort of phone signal was unusable in that car park. We didn't leave till 4 and had a really good day even without the meet.

haha yeah, only just bloody missed ya then, we left about half 3 lol.

Til next time, i may come to a Peterborough meet if ya do another one at a time im free, since my car came from Peterborough anyhow :)

Thing is I don't think there's the love for the Clios now as there use to be in EoE! Many of the older reliable members have moved on and most of the newer local members can't really be bothered to stand around talking about Clios in a car park it seems and say they'll come to a meet but when it comes down to it don't bother...

Some of us members are still here (just about here mind), but your right it isnt the same as it used to be.

With the area being so big its super hard, the SE meets are closer to me than most the EOE meets tbh these days.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
haha yeah, only just bloody missed ya then, we left about half 3 lol.

Til next time, i may come to a Peterborough meet if ya do another one at a time im free, since my car came from Peterborough anyhow :)
Well we got back to the car at 3:45 so was really close.
I think I'm going to give organising meets a miss for a while. It's too much hassle and too annoying, spending time organising something, having people say yes and then travel all that way for two people to turn up.

Yup close. Hmm thats fair enough and understandable, especially after todays cufuffle. Well apparently they are doing something with the area reps on here or something...

clio dci , ren8
Just to say good meeting up with you owen & a shame I missed Dmallet but your clio looked sweet . Felt abit like the 3 musketeers ;) still the chips & ice cream made up for it :p just pleased I didn't drag the Renault 8 out as I could not leave the car park if I take it any were lol

You could do with a meet set in stone like there is the Grantham one every month end.

Invite every area forum member and set a venue every 2nd week of the month in Peterborough (as it's easy to get to), you'll find people consistently turning up.

It needs to be talked about and worked out in my opinion as not everyone can get to the one at month end yet may be able to turn up to the 2nd week meet.

something to think about anyway.

Just to say good meeting up with you owen & a shame I missed Dmallet but your clio looked sweet . Felt abit like the 3 musketeers ;) still the chips & ice cream made up for it :p just pleased I didn't drag the Renault 8 out as I could not leave the car park if I take it any were lol

Haha that was me not Dan lol. Certainly felt like the three musketeers for sure, yours looked nice too, loved the wheels aswell! :)

That might work Corby but who knows..

Clio 182
As Corby said organise a meet every 2nd Sunday of the month or every 3rd Friday at a meet.

Grab a few photos, bit of grub & a pint. Happy days. If there's a good turn out till snowball into a monthly event - cause us Peterborough lot, it's a fair old way to bury..

Or even split the months. Alternate between Peterborough & whatever is the best place for the rest of EoE

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
This meet only failed because people thought better of being stuck in s**t loads of traffic on a bank holiday. Everyone knows the road from the big Kings Lynn roundabout onwards is notorious for traffic. It wasn't because there aren't enough people committed to going to meets anymore.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Surely that just proves the point people aren't commited anymore. No? If there was more commitment then people would leave earlier and sit in the traffic.

It may not have been the best day to organise one for if people didn't want to sit in traffic.

C3 Picasso Beast
Plus if that was the case why did people say they'd come knowing traffic would be crap and never show up?? What's the point saying you'll come when you know you won't?? At least some of you had the decency though to actually say you weren't coming :)

And some of us had the Decency to show up even if it was hard work getting there :)
I knew it would be bad traffic but hey i could of sat at home doing s**t all and waste a day off work or get off my ass and do something, we may have spend 7 hours in the car but that bits irrelivent lol was a nice day and good to go for a drive even if it was slowww as fek.

clio dci , ren8
And look on the bright side if you spend that long in traffic at least you know your fan works ;) or not :cry:

Never been to the seaside on a bank holiday before, thought it cant be as bad as everybody says.... Never again lol

Hmm maybe Owen, but i am used to molton Keynes roads, grid system and basically all dual carriage ways, hardly takes any time to get anywhere lol

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
There was quite a bit of traffic, but not as much as it could of been on that stretch of road on a bank holiday.

I think the place we went to on march meet was good, then pictures at Tesco. I just needs to be an ongoing meet so it gets recognition for being consistent. When that happens people are willing to travel knowing it's going to be a good turnout.

If anyone want's to have a go at organizing it I don't mind giving them hand, it would make it a lot easier for those that can't make the last weekend of every month and lets face it there's quite a few members on here from Peterborough and surrounding areas.