ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad time to sell??

DB.

BMW 440i
I just traded my 182 in.

£3700
50000 Miles
2005 plate
Racing Blue
Belts done
FSH, 4 months MOT

Probably could have got more for it, but I doubt much more, and it would have taken a while in this market with the Clio 197's becoming so cheap now. Very happy with the new motor being delivered Saturday though! :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The for sale section of this forum seems to be either too expensive or too cheap!

260% JCW
You wait........

Price drop to £6800 cash no offers

Final drop £6500 it's got to go.

It's going on ebay......

Vee 6
Guy's there are V6's going for that now......... The world has changed. Money was cheap and things went mad, Now it's harder to come by, everyone is spending wisely.

DB.

BMW 440i
Clio 197 prices dropping, as well as Clio 200 prices dropping a little bit with a few being a bit older now
Clio 182s are now around 6 years old minimum
Mileage going the wrong side of 30-40k
Car designed pretty much in the 90's, as opposed to many more modern cars

How people can expect to get the same money as a few years back is beyond me!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Parkers show that a good example of a 172 Cup will cost £2,100. I've been to see five and they all required quite a lot of work. They were all over £2,700. Right car + right price = me buying it. Basically the rules to follow to sell a car easily are that it should be standard, be clean and tidy with nothing for the buyer to fix, have an up to date service history, a full MOT and have some tax. If it doesn't have all of this, wait for a long time.

RB 182
Basically the rules to follow to sell a car easily are that it should be standard, be clean and tidy with nothing for the buyer to fix

I dont think that applies to 8 year old French hot hatches. There are some that are in this category but you should expect to pay a premium for them. Parkers price guides are a load of s**t anyway.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cars arent investements dude.

My car has went up in value. Bought for £4800 offered 6k for it 2 months ago from someone who knows the car.

Tbf Frp prices are all over the place... 4k - 10k!