ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad time to sell??

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I advertised my 101'333 mileage 172 on Friday evening and it sold my Lunch Saturday. 2k for a 101k not mint example. Think it was priced well and it shows. Sold quickly and had several calls.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Disagree Daniel, I'd say a Trophy in a few years bought for say, £4500 will go up in value.

Possibly. Maybe. Eventually.

Rubbish.

You will need to keep the thing serviced, and up together. Both of which will out weigh the overall increase in resale value.

The key phrase here is mass produced. Theres hundreds of the fcuking things.

Right now theres a very very nice one thats been well modified and its newer and cheaper than some bloke selling his standard 182 CUP! Now if you can honestly tell me thats a wise investment, you need your head read.

Rubbish.

You will need to keep the thing serviced, and up together. Both of which will out weigh the overall increase in resale value.

The key phrase here is mass produced. Theres hundreds of the fcuking things.

Right now theres a very very nice one thats been well modified and its newer and cheaper than some bloke selling his standard 182 CUP! Now if you can honestly tell me thats a wise investment, you need your head read.

Link? ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You could buy that, sell the mods ad return it to standard and have an even cheaper trophy.

(I'm very rarely wrong! lol)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The guys allright- I sold him the exhaust ages ago-

Nonone wants it because of the mods-

Buy the one with 8k miles on it- for around 7k- job done
S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Shut up you mong. I'd buy the car due to it being a bargain IMO

However if I was in the market, for specifically a Trophy, I would have more money to spend, hence looking for a low mileage, un-touched one.

There's no need for name calling.

You r****d.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think Trophy prices will level out and always command a premium (Over other RS Clio's) - but it doesn't have the cult status and following of say, the Williams - that is, they certainly won't appreciate. With the Williams there were only 2 sports models - Williams, which there were approx 1,000 (330 or so of each run, 1,2,3) and the valvers & neither were mass produced (Most have now rusted away or been wrote off) and both rated as a true great drivers cars (1*2, better cars, not better drivers cars), I think the only Clio which will go up, and has done to some extent are the Williams.

The newer RS Clio's there is the 172, 172 Exclusive, 172 ph2, 172 Cup, 182, 182 with Cup packs, 182 Cup, 182 Trophy - aside from the original 172 ph1's, those other 6 variants are almost identical bar wheels, seats, exhausts (I'm sure there are more differences, but please, don't be too pedantic) - neither is any quicker than the other - where there is soo much choice and lack of differentiation, prices are only going one way and I deffo think of late they have fallen.

The reason that no one wants that Trophy is is the suspension - if it put the sach's back on it would sell.

I also think a reasonable priced Trophy is now 'about' £6k. I think if you're not using it much, in a couple of years and it's mint, it will be worth about £5k - I can't personally see it becoming a 'collectors' car, but think prices will stay a little more afloat and if you're not modding it, or doing 50,000 miles a week in it, they won't come down too much.

I had agreed a price of £6,400 with mine recently, from purchase I have spent a good few k on it, but it only cost me £6,700 two years ago - that's pretty good and I hadn't lost too much, but I decided to keep it - as I'm a bit annoying and can never make up my mind.

Bit of a rambling post - sorry.

Lotus Elise
The prices of decent Williams seems to have leveled out around 3k and they are not really that special, I believe a well maintained trophy will level off at similar values to the Williams. They wont ever appreciate.

No.16 172 exclusive
Selling slow??

Is it just me or are others having problems selling their 1X2?

Been advertising my car on gumtree, Pistonheads, Ebay, Adtrader over the last week and not even had one phone call or email.

Whats your opinions guys?

No.16 172 exclusive
What would you value that car at? I thought well looked after examples are sought after and the belts were only changed at 52k.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
What would you value that car at? I thought well looked after examples are sought after and the belts were only changed at 52k.

5 year life I think so nly a year off new belts. Price it well and it'll sell. My 172 ph2 flew out because I priced it well I think.

172 Flamer
It's a 172 (53 plate), but there are hardly any (if any at all!!) with as low mileage on as mine on Pistonheads, and there's a fair few with a lot more miles on than mine that are asking alot more than me aswell hence the reason I thought mine was priced about right??!!

See I have a 52 plate 172 in flame red, also in immaculate condition with no mods apart from S/S exhaust and 67k on the clock and I would expect to get £2,000 - £2,200 for it. To me thats a good price.

No.16 172 exclusive
Will anyone help me roughly price my car from the description? I thought it would have been worth atleast 2200.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Will anyone help me roughly price my car from the description? I thought it would have been worth atleast 2200.

That's playing a dangerous game. Not much point in people giving you a value if they are not going to buy it!
How long has it been for sale?
It may be that the colour or spec (I know it's a limited ed) could be an acquired taste. It's an unusual colour and most people at this price point will tend to opt for a Cup for hero status or the ubiquitous silver phase 1, of which there are more around.

The price issue that people are raising is not entirely correct (i.e. that it must be priced wrong). You may reduce the price and still not get a call yet you may leave the price and someone who wants an Exclusive calls you in 4 weeks and agrees close to asking price. How low will you go?
Equally, someone who wanted it and thought it was expensive may well say to you, I would only want to pay £X because .....

The market for most cars is shocking at the moment. Given the state the world is in at the moment, my advice to most people would be if your car works, extract some value from it by using it for as long as you can and save a lot of money in the meantime. You may need it.

I have been looking for almost 2 weeks for a 182 and I cannot find any well priced, decent ones for sale. I have budgeted around £3500-£3750 for one which I think should get me a half decent one. I am looking for one that is reasonably standard bar the exhaust and the belts have been done. I thought I'd find one easily. How wrong could I be...

RB 182
Doesnt help that you're in Aberdeen mate. They are loads about in your price range just depends how far you'll travell.

£2.2k will get you a newer PH2 with similar or no miles.

As a general rule of thumb, to save messing about, I usually try to price cars I sell less than the next man. For example, last time I sold a car it was my old CTR. Looked on all the usual sites and put it at a sniff less than the most of the 'competitors'. Not enough to cut my throat but enough to stand out. Sold it in 2 days.

Easier said than done when you are looking for top dollar, but top dollar doesnt sell and while its standing on your drive, its dead money.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
£2.2k will get you a newer PH2 with similar or no miles.

As a general rule of thumb, to save messing about, I usually try to price cars I sell less than the next man. For example, last time I sold a car it was my old CTR. Looked on all the usual sites and put it at a sniff less than the most of the 'competitors'. Not enough to cut my throat but enough to stand out. Sold it in 2 days.

Easier said than done when you are looking for top dollar, but top dollar doesnt sell and while its standing on your drive, its dead money.

Agree with this. This is my personal approach.
However, if somebody wanted what he is selling, they would presumably ring and say "I would only be willing to pay £X because .."
I have done that when I think it can be justified. It may be that no-one wants that car in the time it's been for sale. Dropping the price might not necessarily change that.

When I was younger, I did used to take haggle money into account and price accordingly. Autotrader price and the price you are prepared to sell it for. I just find its easier to put the latter price in straight from the get go now.

I think a high starting price does put people off phoning to make an offer, to some extent. Except the cheeky gits who ring and offer sub-we buy any car money.

1eight2
Didn't have any luck with my 54 plate 182. FF, belts done, 44k pretty much standard and very clean. Priced it at £3499 and didn't even get an offer.