ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad idle after leads change ?

I'm sorry but I'm always honest, too honest I'm told half the time and it gets me in trouble, I hate dishonest pricks so I don't see how I have been dragged into 4th hand old HT leads being fucked and I'm getting the blame, they were working perfectly when I sent them and when MarkX received used them as I have proof in messages and in postings??????

Yes I agree, but they were sold as Magnecore and certainly weren't, I feel stupid for not noticing sooner. Too much time went by so I took it on the chin. They went form you to me to Richie, and apart from feeling cheated on the brand as far as I was concerned they were working fine. As I said, you probably didn't realise they were a cheaper brand, no song and dance being made out of it here, I've had a really stressful week already!

Cup In bits
Yes I agree, but they were sold as Magnecore and certainly weren't, I feel stupid for not noticing sooner. Too much time went by so I took it on the chin. They went form you to me to Richie, and apart from feeling cheated on the brand as far as I was concerned they were working fine. As I said, you probably didn't realise they were a cheaper brand, no song and dance being made out of it here, I've had a really stressful week already!

No worries, if I had just recently sold them and this came to light I would also contribute but the fact more than a year has gone? They were delivered to me in a magnecor box, looked genuine to me and they were sent in the magnecor box I never put a thought into it.... As with me I had no problems with them in use or quality, neither did I over charge for them when selling.

For the OP, have you continuity/resistance and load tested the leads.... Pealed back the boots and checked the connections. Checked for arcing along the length of the wire, checked for any crushes in the wire which is all too common when the inlet manifold is fitted incorrectly or the leads are not routed correctly, also most people pull off HT leads by the wire, when you're meant to pull at the boot. Put pictures of all four currently and I'm sure we'll see why they're fucked.