ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bad idle after leads change ?

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Changed the leads and now it idles badly seems like its going to cut out but never does.
Above 1100 the car is fine.
Have I put the inlet back on incorrectly the egg gasket is on.
Any thoughts ideas suggestions ?

182 ff
Changed the leads and now it idles badly seems like its going to cut out but never does.
Above 1100 the car is fine.
Have I put the inlet back on incorrectly the egg gasket is on.
Any thoughts ideas suggestions ?
did it need new leads? am sure if it did.. the garage would of put some on..... if it was running fine,why keep messing about with it.. remember the aux belt? ha

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Everything else was new only leads left to change, I changed engine mount radiator mounts thermostat and leads, knowing my car I should counted on something going wrong, I phoned garage and he said I most likely didn't seat the inlet manifold correctly its pissing of rain ATM and garage is booked full till Monday so I would rather have another pop when rain clears just looking for any tips

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
It's come back lol, I suspect it must be the leads I'll stick on old ones see what happens,

Im just try to pad my messages count lol

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Won't say a told you:wink:.
I think you earned one "I told you so"
Why change something that don't need changing if the leads were fine and it was running ok I would not have touched it
There isn't much under the bonnet that hasn't be changed, the leads looked old so thought won't do any harm, I was wrong lol

Oh yeah a indicator bulb has blown managed to change it without issue

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
plugged in the right order?? Difficult to get wrong cos of the lead lengths but....
I replaced them 1 at a time so not to mix them up,
Is there any difference between leads except from length I never paid much attention to length as even the shortest one would of fit in the forest away plug,
I'm sure I have the inlet sealed correctly

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Red ones I bought off a member on here, as soon as its above 1250 revs it pulls fine , it randomly hunts on idle cold or warm never stalls either,
As soon as I pull away it slightly hesitates then all is fine, feels like an air leak.

Red ones I bought off a member on here, as soon as its above 1250 revs it pulls fine , it randomly hunts on idle cold or warm never stalls either,
As soon as I pull away it slightly hesitates then all is fine, feels like an air leak.
have you tried plugging the old ones in to check your 'new' ones aren't the issue?

dan's cast offs.
red ones? ok...used i assume?

bin and get some new genuine renault ones, seen plenty with slightly rough idle/low revs sorted by new leads.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
have you tried plugging the old ones in to check your 'new' ones aren't the issue?
My plan for the morning the too much rain don't want that getting near the engine
red ones? ok...used i assume?

bin and get some new genuine renault ones, seen plenty with slightly rough idle/low revs sorted by new leads.
Gonna try old ones if fixes will grab a new set from renualt

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
While I got it apart I was going to clean tb anything else worth a clean or look at while I'm there ?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Rich ive replaced loads on mine that didn't need replacing .The cars probably rebelling cause of the new bits fitted :up:

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
The little basterd prob is, what pisses me off is apart from that its a completely different car its a s**t load faster smootherand sounds awesome, my m8 got a fn type r yesterday so we went a 150 mile run just for lols absolutely loved it especially as he was convinced he would woop my "french crap" he couldn't not on straights corners back roads or bypass (not that we were speeding that's illegal)
Also with 20mm spacers my fronts rub when it c***s a back wheel ;)

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
New leads from stealers and runs perfect, werid how the red leads only effect the idle, never had so much trouble with a car in my life, love the wee c**t of a thing thou

New leads from stealers and runs perfect, werid how the red leads only effect the idle, never had so much trouble with a car in my life, love the wee c**t of a thing thou

Just sent you a refund Richie, I bought these off MGcup last year as genuine magnecor for £53 :( properly fucked over, why can't people just be honest? Sorry for the hassle, chuck them in the nearest bin :cry:

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Cheers m8 that's very good of you, no idea what could be up, on a plus note the car is now running perfect and everything works just need a map now

dan's cast offs.
Leads were fine when I removed them, sorry buddy. If it turns out to be them at fault, bin them and I'll refund you :confused:

feel a bit guilty for pointing out it would be the leads, sorry:disrelieved:

seen it with the cheapy ones from euro even when they are still new and also on old genuine ones. it's a funny one though as most of the time you can only just notice it on idle.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172

seen it with the cheapy ones from euro even when they are still new and also on old genuine ones. it's a funny one though as most of the time you can only just notice it on idle.
I'm very picky and ocd the slightest thing off or wrong drives me mad most of the things I find wrong with my cars most people would just ignore, what I have noticed is the car has got smoother and the exhaust note has got louder over the last few days,

No need to be sorry! It was the leads at fault. I bought them in the middle of last year so not much I can do about it. I had them fitted for a track day, then a dyno day, only removed them as I wanted a blue set, which didn't happen. It was only recently I saw a friends set of magnecor and compared them, and saw they weren't the same at all! I'm just Sorry Richie had hassle :(

MGcup probably didn't know they weren't Magnecore either, I'm just not in the best mood today, £600 vet bill and missing the track day tomorrow, still, at least my Tommi is on the mend after his big op!
CFA72153-A7C0-4909-BD7B-4CE43A61BA1D_zpsee36ph1x.jpg

Cup In bits
Just sent you a refund Richie, I bought these off MGcup last year as genuine magnecor for £53 😧 properly fucked over, why can't people just be honest? Sorry for the hassle, chuck them in the nearest bin :cry:

@MG cup pass on the good will?

I'm sorry but I'm always honest, too honest I'm told half the time and it gets me in trouble, I hate dishonest pricks so I don't see how I have been dragged into 4th hand old HT leads being fucked and I'm getting the blame, they were working perfectly when I sent them and when MarkX received and used them as I have proof in messages and in postings??????