ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

autocar test drive clio 200

Mini Cooper
I love it personally
Definitely fancy myself an alien green or LY one in a couple years time

Last edited:
  White clique
How is it different to a 197, apart from looks.

the standard spec list is a bit better, for example you get auto lights and wipers as standard like on the 182s, plus there is better options such as a decent sat nav. I think it also has cup pack set up as standard but i might be wrong on that one.

Apart from thats its pretty much identical i think.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Awesome
30499125240345356x236.jpg

I wonder how many people will change their mind once they realise it's probably much better than the 172/182/197 was. I have to say it sounds impressive.

I just couldn't live with the looks. I'd much rather spend any extra money on a set of properly set up coilovers and a exhaust/remap for my 197 than trade to a 200.

VaVa
The 197 is a brilliant car... there wasn't any real doubt that this wouldn't be as good if not better.

Still not sure on the looks.. but the shock will lessen over time lol.

I started out liking the front end, and then grew to hate it. I actually like the headlamp lines, it's just the nose I have a problem with.

Saying that, one of these could well be my next car, as I'll be after something new, that is lovely on the road, and fantastic on the track. Slap some Carbone Lorraine in those 4-pots and you're good to go racing :evil:

F'uck the front end TBH.

I just couldn't live with the looks. I'd much rather spend any extra money on a set of properly set up coilovers and a exhaust/remap for my 197 than trade to a 200.

My sentiments exactly.

Nothing extra to write home about tbh, but as stated it is more of a midlife refresh than a completely new car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Some people find it hard to grasp i think..... its like 172 to 182, hardly life changing tbh

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Despite the special-needs exterior, I'm more interested in this than the 197. Will def be getting a test drive.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Actually it's phase I 172, to phase II 172. It's a facelift. I know what you mean though :)
TBF, it's a lot more than a facelift. Different spring and damper rates (softer than 197 on the standard 200, but stiffer than the 197cup on the 200cup), quicker steering rack.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd have one, It's the rear exhausts with the 3 stage sizing i have a problem with.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol there not ugly at all, i've seen em in all the colours, alien green FTW.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Would be a good buy for anyone wanting to scrap a shed.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I slagged off the ph1 172, 182 and 197 when they came out and now love all 3. Going to give this one a chance before I dive in. Interior looks much, much better.

Tangoed Works
its amazing how so many people just **** it off just like they did the 197... at the end of the day all the cliosport variants have got progressively better. Remember the looks have to last a few years so they will take time to get used to.

The 197 is awesome, and this will just push the game on further. If you compare a Ph1 172 to a 182 trophy, the difference in handling is night and day. I think the front end will take some getting used to, but im sure the drive and handling will be far superior to the 197.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
its amazing how so many people just **** it off just like they did the 197... at the end of the day all the cliosport variants have got progressively better. Remember the looks have to last a few years so they will take time to get used to.

The 197 is awesome, and this will just push the game on further. If you compare a Ph1 172 to a 182 trophy, the difference in handling is night and day. I think the front end will take some getting used to, but im sure the drive and handling will be far superior to the 197.
Bit of a difference. The 197 was a good looking car from day one. The 200 is not. The front end isn't cohesive, it just looks wrong.

TBF, it's a lot more than a facelift. Different spring and damper rates (softer than 197 on the standard 200, but stiffer than the 197cup on the 200cup), quicker steering rack.

Facelift can include mechanical mods and spec changes though, dude. Traditionally, facelift means a spruced up model using the existing body. My point was that it's a bigger change than 172-182, and is more akin to the changes from phI 172, to phII 172, which included a whole new dash and all sorts :)