ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Wipers

RB 182
My Mk2 172's wipers have a mind of their own!

Its supposed to have auto wipers yeah, but when i get in it after its been raining, or is raining, and the stalk is on the 1st notch, nothing happens, its asif i have to wake it up!

They also dont sweep often enough when its raining, and they'll just go from intermittant to really fast like that lol

Why have they got the speed selection bit if you can have them on intermittant too? The 1st notch is auto isnt it, then on all the time, then on fast?

You have to set it everytime you start the car.

But sometimes they do have a mind of their own. Sometimes they don't want to do anything, other times they don't want to stop.

90% of the time they're great though, IMO.

im having a problem with mine there fine for the first 30 secs then they go mad when its only spitting???

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
The reason for setting them every time is they will turn on in the morning when you may have a frozen screen and damage the blades or even arms.

The rear one auto wiping when reverse is selected pisses me off!

BMW M135i
^ Up by the rear view mirror.

I've found that the auto wipers don't like a dirty screen. I get on with mine 99% of the time.

Is the sensor not under the sweep of the wipers then? Surely if it was it would be cleaned by the wiper action?

I have no idea how it actually works!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Never had a problem with mine , if its starts to rain harder they wipe faster .

I don't see why it should piss people off when the rear wiper comes on when your reversing , its so you can where the fcuk your going , lol ;)

BMW M135i
Is the sensor not under the sweep of the wipers then? Surely if it was it would be cleaned by the wiper action?

I have no idea how it actually works!

No i've found its more of a totally dirty screen, for example in summer and it randomly rains as the screen is a bit greasy they don't work so well.

I've got no idea how they work but i'd like to know.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Never had a problem with mine , if its starts to rain harder they wipe faster .

I don't see why it should piss people off when the rear wiper comes on when your reversing , its so you can where the fcuk your going , lol ;)

Its where bmh says , its part of the windscreen , costly as fcuk if you need to replace your windscreen :eek:

RB 182
Ive jsut had my screen replaced, would have cost me £312, but cost me £50 excess :)

Mine doesnt wipe when reverse is selected?

In fact, thats probs cos i dont have any reverse lights! New switch is needed i think.

Noones answered why the stalk has the speed setting thing on it, when its totally useless!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i dont understand why these, and auto lights are fitted on cars?!
way i think of it is if you arent capable of turning lights on when its dark, and wipers on when it rains then you shouldnt be on the road!!

172cup
Yeah I m having probs with mine. Done the old reset when I restart car then it just depends on EY53 WEO's mood!! Sometimes they wipe sometimes they dont! I ve heard you've got to keep sensor area very clean. Also I ve noticed it doesn't do it when it is light rain nor when it is heavy just when it is normal rain. If there is such a thing.

Anyone know where you can get rear blades from? Went to Halfords today but could find any for my 53 plate. Also Halfords is a right nasty plastic place with strange 1.1 drivers!!!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Noones answered why the stalk has the speed setting thing on it, when its totally useless!!

It sets the sensitivity on auto or, if you turn auto off, the speed of intermitent!

MRBILLY; Its when the screen is slightly dirty and the rear wiper smears the whole rear window, it does the opposite of what its spose to and lets you see less!

^The guy with the 1.2 who cant see the point in Auto wipers/lights.... Im more than capable of operating them myself but why bother if it can be done for you. I could kill and cook my own food but a take-aways so much easier lol.

i dont understand why these, and auto lights are fitted on cars?!
way i think of it is if you arent capable of turning lights on when its dark, and wipers on when it rains then you shouldnt be on the road!!
Its a handy thing to have I find each to there onw.

Anyone know where you can get rear blades from? Went to Halfords today but could find any for my 53 plate.
Reanult £6 or so is the easy option or the Civic err I forget which age 95 I think are cheaper and the same.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

MRBILLY; Its when the screen is slightly dirty and the rear wiper smears the whole rear window, it does the opposite of what its spose to and lets you see less!

Leave the front wipers in the off position and the rear won't come on when you reverse , problem solved lol .I only put mine in position 1 when it starts spitting .

N

naX

ive just been getting a 172 and mine dosent have the block on the rear view mirror for the auto wipers. its a 52 2003 model. did they move it or has the last person to own the car removed it? where is the auto lights aswell.

Da

Less
well it wasn't an option on the 172's it was standard on the ph2's and 182's so somethings not right.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
I bought a Pug a few years back and didnt realise it had auto wipers, went through a puddle and the bugger went off ten to the dozen, scared the s**t out of me!

N

naX

the last person to own the car had the window replaced so they have taken the sensor out. one of the only things i didnt look for when i went to buy the car. does anyone no where i can get one from.