ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TT 1.8T

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all,

What do you guys think of my mums Audi TT?
24n2snd.jpg

She's been away for the past few weeks and she asked me to collect her car from the garage after having a massive electrical problem. After 3 weeks and a hefty sum of money shes got it back. With my mums asking me to keep it running and saying i can drive it whilst shes away i decided its a good time for me to go down a private road right next to my house and see what its like (No insurance on the car hence the private road and ive never driven any other car on the road apart from my 1.2 8V Clio).

Driving the car it feels so much different, the power is just there instantly compared to the clio. I didnt actually want to stop driving it as its just so good in the corners and handles really well. The 1.8T engine really is a great engine with no faults.

Decided to stop at the side of the road and take a few snaps of it(Not great as im no photographer, the car hasnt had a clean in over a month and the car is now 11 years old i think but its in good condition for its age!).
24n2snd.jpg

2zhl179.jpg

18nlf7.jpg

mc9c1l.jpg

What do you think?

Me and my mum have already had a discussion of me maybe buying the audi next year for a good cheap price if i can get insured on it due to her having a Range Rover Evoque on order for next year and saying she doesnt want to sell the Audi and keep it in the family.

Cheers :D

182 And Glanza
Would rather keep the Clio. I just have never been attracted to them, Would rather have an RX8 for example, IMO of course.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well id rather not keep my 1.2 clio. I like it but its just to underpowered as its the 8v model with 58hp as standard. Plus with it acting up loads i dont want to keep throwing money at it. Its not definitely happening yet. Been looking at the vw golf 1.9 along with the audi a4 1.9 aswell as they are both really good quotes on insurance so far which is shocking for me :p

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
So good in the corners? Presumably this is compared to a 1.2 Clio and absolutely no other car on the road? No doubt it pulls well compared to the Clio though, very much a posers car and not a drivers car imo.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well yeah i suppose, but it does grip very well to be honest. I agree it is a 'posers' car but its still got a bit of power when it needs it, in a way these days on the roads you cant ever go fast all the time everywhere due to speed limits, other drivers on the road and the conditions of some roads etc. I still found it fun to be driving it compared to my clio on a nice bit of road.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not for me either - but I know what you mean about the power increase. I went from a 80bhp Punto Sporting to a 130bhp Punto GT - and that felt like a massive increase in performance. So going from the 56bhp Clio, it must feel like a rocketship! ;)

Is that the 150bhp-spec TT?

D.

That's the 180bhp version. No dought it must feel like a rocket ship compared to your Clio though haha!

In your position I bet it's quite nice to experience another car and have a little bit of fun in it safely, assuming they are actually private roads :)

I don't personally like that one though, looks quite plain. It would have to be the V6 or the QS in that shape for me.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
It's either a 150 or one 180 with the single pipe.

Anything is going to feel cool beans compared to the Clio, if I was younger and someone offered me a TT I'd not be too concerned if a 172 cup would finger me in the twisties. Id be more interested in how many birds I could finger f**k In the collage bogs after taking them for a spin in it.

150 single pipes were the roadster, Ben. Single pipe coupe is 180.

As stated, it'll be an upgrade from the 1.2 (i know, i did 1.2 16v to my 225 S3) but in that guise it does nothing for me.

Do her a favour and clean it lad!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Haha yeah it is a lot different, and they were private roads, what the farmers use to access their fields and i know them well so they let me use them whenever i want. Im sure its the 180 model. And i agree it does look plain but suppose its my mums and she lk
Iikes it for what it is :p

TT QS
150 single pipes were the roadster, Ben. Single pipe coupe is 180.

As stated, it'll be an upgrade from the 1.2 (i know, i did 1.2 16v to my 225 S3) but in that guise it does nothing for me.

Do her a favour and clean it lad!

i believe they did a short run of coupe 150s. Dad looked at them, them got a 225 lol.

Totally agree, wheels do it no favours.

Still love TTs though

Renault Clio MK4 RS
....must be a giant - I'm 6'5" and easily fitted into mine.

I would love to see anyone try get into the back seats of the tt when you owned one. We tried to get 3 people(including driver) into the car and the person in the back had to lay their feet over the back seats (Parcel shelf practically) due to it being so small! In a way i think they should of made it a 2 seater coupe as the back seats really could not get any smaller.

I would like to see you fit anyone in the back seats at any given time. Of course unless they have no legs.

Im 5'11" and nobody could get behind me. Getting 3 people in the back of TT is just silly.

I've had someone in the back of mine on various occasions anyway :) they just need to know how to put their legs and be happy crouching forward into their own crotch lol.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
I would like to see you fit anyone in the back seats at any given time. Of course unless they have no legs.

Im 5'11" and nobody could get behind me. Getting 3 people in the back of TT is just silly.

We didnt try get 3 in the back, only 1 as i was in the front... but yeah i have to admit there really is no need in a back seat.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I know they have a rep for being a bit soft, but I once went on a TTOC run up the dales passengering in my mates 225 and it impressed me how well it went. Handling was good I thought, few moments where the back went very light over crests, I know ultimately they understeer on the limit but on the public roads I don't see that being a big deal...