ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi RS3 Review.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
40K... Thats AMV8/DB9/Sagaris/GTR money!!

And? It's also x10clio172's/x5clio197's...Its not a case of what can we squeeze into 40k! None of the above were ever 40k to start with! All of the above cost ten fold to run!

And? It's also x10clio172's/x5clio197's...Its not a case of what can we squeeze into 40k! None of the above were ever 40k to start with! All of the above cost ten fold to run!

Brand new car, spec'd the way you want it with a warranty?

Very true! And no doubt the RS3 will be a hoot to drive with (relative to my suggestions) reasonable running costs.

But I know what I'd rather be sitting in :)

Z4
It makes no sense! I thought I understood it until I saw the wheels...it's subtle, blends in with the crowd, and it's rapid, not unlike like a mazda 3 mps, then you look at the halfords wheels and you suddenly realise that this car hasn't had much thought gone into it!

Fast? Very. Good car? God no.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Be interesting to see how fast evo lap it against the likes of a focus RS.Only then will we know how good it is...

LOL! "31mpg isn't bad considering the performance"

I highly doubt you will see anywhere near that when using said performance.

I was speaking to a salesman in Audi today who has driven one in Germany and agrees that you'd get nowhere near 30mpg!

Only £1500 deposit, still some production slots available but no definite delivery times.

Loosely thinking of buying one of these, and found this thread when searching. PMSL at the usual reactions from the keyboard racers who had never even seen one, let alone driven one.

OMFG the front tyres are wider than the rears? FFS it must be SH*T.

It's not Renault, BMW or JDM. Ergo it's rubbish. Muppets.

Trophy #490
I can see the appeal. They're ridiculously fast, practical, well-made, and because it's an Audi it'll just ooze quality. I drove a TT RS not so long ago and its engine was a masterpiece, sounded incredible too. Wasn't keen on 4WD because it did feel slightly numb in its responses, but again the appeal's there even more because of the coming months.

Spending £40,000 - £50,000 on an RS3 now would surely be financial suicide though because it's inevitable they'll plummet in value. Two or three years down the line and they'll be a great buy, like the V8 RS4 is now. Point-to-point, you'd have to be in something pretty special to match an RS3's pace though. They're the perfect amalgam of a practical performance car in my opinion.

http://joshtimlin.blogspot.com/2011/08/audi-tt-rs.html

Why the change?

Me? There is no change yet. Just thinking of my next car, and fancy something of extreme quality. The Audi will be slower than what I currently drive (once moving) but speed isn't everything. Nor is nurburgz slaying handling in a road car, so I thought an RS3 might be a very nice upgrade. I need a practical machine with a big boot. In other words I actually need this type of car. Amazing. If CS is anything to go by, you'd think we can all make do with an NSX.

Listen to what? You? I don't really care anyway mate. I have no reason to rim the car. I was just lolling at the usual bulls**t.

M25.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
not knowing anything about the differences, would an S3 not be a better buy with a lot of money left over for mods?? or is it more the special feeling?

BMW F21 125d
I saw an RS3 back when I was at the Nurburgring at the end of July. Nice looking car, but by god those wheels are gash.

100_0876.gif

Z4
Me? There is no change yet. Just thinking of my next car, and fancy something of extreme quality. The Audi will be slower than what I currently drive (once moving) but speed isn't everything. Nor is nurburgz slaying handling in a road car, so I thought an RS3 might be a very nice upgrade. I need a practical machine with a big boot. In other words I actually need this type of car. Amazing. If CS is anything to go by, you'd think we can all make do with an NSX.

I think you'd find it dull after the RS Roy.

I'm sure it's a very good car, but it won't excite coming from a tuned FRS, Audi play it very safe it that regards.

Yeah for sure, but at some point I'll have to change it for something newer. It won't be as exciting, but it will be much higher quality and won't attract so much attention. I also would not have those red lipped wheels. Not in a million years. I'd prefer a GT-R but it's not going to be as practical as the RS3.

This is the colour of heroes.

2011-Audi-RS3-Side-View-500x333.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't like the wheels still but the colour is proper.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like them and i like the fact that manafacturers make a bit of an effort to do things like this.Yes you can keep the wheels,i dont know what they were thinking.

However eventually there will be parts of these types of cars that filter through to affordable stuff for normal cars so i welcome it.

How many people thought that we would have 350bhp cars with fwd that can put the power down.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I absolutely love my S3.

I presume when people they say that fast Audis are boring is meant in the respect of blasting around every night or doing the snakes pass every other day, I'd have to agree. Give me a FRS or a Meg 250 any day if that’s what my driving was all about. You would be happy doing it in the S3 but you'd probably have more fun in the 250 etc...but driving doesn’t just end at that point (for me certainly) I have the odd B road blast, short sprints up random expressways etc. The rest of the time I’m stuck in traffic, commuting to work or taking the Mrs to the Trafford Center etc...

The S3 just seems to do everything very well, the gearbox is a fantastic bit of kit. Sure I'd like it to be a bit more tail happy or nose pointy but the outstanding build quality and solid feels it gives far outweighs those wants. I genuinely can’t express what a well screwed together bit of kit it is. Serious engineering skills.

Plus I love the steering wheel...

wheel-1.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it Ben. Superb all round machine.

JD really sums these cars up well.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I like it, and the market it's aiming for doesn't care if it's 40k. I assume it's aimed at people who want a car that will cruise happily at 70mph with the kids and wife in but will still paste most cars out there in a straight line, like most S4 estate drivers.

Evo 5 RS
One word.. tacky. It looks really, really tacky! What sort of market would you have to be in to want one? I think that's half the reason they gave it 5 doors. Open up the market to others as the one it's aimed at, it falls short in massively

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If the S3 had the RS3's engine it'd be perfect.

I hate the RS3, but the current S3 is a serious bit of kit.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I love it.

I do have love for cars that dont look like they should move as quick as some exotic stuff.

If and when Audi bring in the S1 they really will have captured the market rather well.