ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST review from Oulton

Only just seen this thread, so this is where ASTs negative opinion comes from.

I went with ASTs, partly because they are just down the road to me. I had them custom set-up to the same (old) spec as Jay and Tonys race car, so a stiffer front end I think.....450 comes to mind.

In a nutshell.........they are epic. Couldn't be happier with them, handles amazingly well, completely changed the car.

If you bother to have them set-up properly then they are an amazing bit of kit. Tbh I can't be bothered to read all of this thread, so I don't know what the original issues were.

Lionel Richie
no im not on about geometry setup, i was on about the fronts being wrong, they were way too hard, have driven a few since and they do seem better these days but im yet to try them on track

fmp's old time attack setup was the last set i tried on track and i didnt rate them, then i drove Meeks on the road and they seemed quite good (i set them up ;))

RB 182
no im not on about geometry setup, i was on about the fronts being wrong, they were way too hard, have driven a few since and they do seem better these days but im yet to try them on track

fmp's old time attack setup was the last set i tried on track and i didnt rate them, then i drove Meeks on the road and they seemed quite good (i set them up ;))

You love them really, I've still kept them on the "soft" setting but will crank them up a notch or two just to piss you off ;)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
It would not surprise if the dampers were too hard for the road setup. They all come with a standard valving setup. I tend to get them revalved for the application when I put my orders in..

Lotus Elise
After reading this thread I have come to one conclusion.

Sachs Dampers with shorter stiffer springs = WIN!