ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple iTunes/iPod/Apple Tv Event - Sept 1st

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Wasnt expecting facetime!

lol, ping is basically myspace, he didnt mention that

Last edited:
  E87 118d M Sport
Is anyone else having issues streaming this on their iPhone? I'm at home (on wifi) and literally cant get anything to stream.

$4.99 is a bit steep, it's obviously on a par with Blockbuster etc, but when you watch a lot, it gets very expensive. Same with tv, 99c is cheap, but not when you watch a lot.

$30-40 a month to watch all you want = Perfect.

$4.99 is a bit steep, it's obviously on a par with Blockbuster etc, but when you watch a lot, it gets very expensive. Same with tv, 99c is cheap, but not when you watch a lot.

$30-40 a month to watch all you want = Perfect.
Do they have English pricing over here, or is it just converted when they take it out of your bank (if that makes sense)?

I doubt we'll get the tv stuff to start with but it's all converted into £ on our UK store.

99c is 59p on the App Store.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Thought it might be ... sorry, I was trying to listen to it live on the way home but it didn't buffer properly!

Abarth 500 Essesse
Wasn't being funny, sorry if it came across a little patronising!! it doesn't work at the minute as it's still linking the download to 9.2

BMW F31
Quick question if I pre order the apple tv when does the money get taken out? Does it get taken when it ships?

Ford Kuga Phev
Well I saw the keynote and thought WOW I want one of those! Saw the price and thought again..... Lasted 20 mins. Now ordered :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I think it depends if you use a credit or debit card. They took the money (debit card) for my iPhone 4 the moment I placed the order online, when my store pickup came through I cancelled the online order and it took a just under a week for the money to go back into my account.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The game demo that they showed off during the presentation is also available in the app store "epic citadel".

BMW F31
anyone have an idea when iTunes 10 will be available, Job's etc said "today" but its still showing up as 9.1.2 :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, so if it plays in itunes then it plays on apple tv. So i'd have to convert any avi's I have....

Tempting for the price. No HDMI's left on the telly though...

The Apple TV is tempting, but I'm not sure whether I'd make full use of it!

It would be good to rent the movies etc, but I dunno whether I can justify paying £100 for it when I can just nip to blockbuster lol.

Might also get a shuffle for the gym and running, my Classic is a bit too big for doing exercise haha

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm far from convinced with the new Apple TV from what apple have released about it. It features a mini USB port on the back, but it's for service and support, no mention of whether it supports host or device and no certainly no mention of whether you'd be able to play media from it (we'll take it as a big fat NO).

So that leaves you with being able to stream from the itunes store or your computer. To stream local content you have to have a Mac or PC running iTunes 10 to stream from, so that leaves the other possibility of streaming from an airport express (currently) out of the window.

Netflix isn't available in the UK and the TV show's aren't available in the UK, so you can watch YouTube and stream hollywood movies, that's pretty much it if you don't have a computer (which was Steves intended audience).

The killer feature for me that's not there or hasn't been announced? iPlayer, if they were to add a decent iPlayer client into it I'd be all over it like a rash, it'd be a no brainer, I could live with the £99 for a decent iPlayer box.

Regardless, this thing will sell like hotcakes I'm sure, it is at a much more affordable price point, it's just missing a couple of features that would make it an absolute no brainer.

A US iTunes account is easily enough to get, I'm tempted to do that but as you say, with no option for external storage (read piracy) it's a little more limited. I was hoping to be able to swap my mini for one and bank some coin, but doesn't look that way. No doubt when people get hold of one and take them to bits we'll have a better idea of what's possible.

Renting is all well and good but I've recently re-watched some House and gone through Entourage again, at over 80 episodes, that's expensive to re-rent. Plus I like to watch quite a lot of films, add them in at gets very expensive.

If there was an 'all you can eat' package at even 40quid a month, I'd pay it. I easily watch 10films a month and I certainly would watch more if they were all HD and on tap. No messing about with torrents :eek: hopefully it'll come one day in the future..

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
A US iTunes account is easily enough to get, I'm tempted to do that but as you say, with no option for external storage (read piracy) it's a little more limited. I was hoping to be able to swap my mini for one and bank some coin, but doesn't look that way. No doubt when people get hold of one and take them to bits we'll have a better idea of what's possible.

Renting is all well and good but I've recently re-watched some House and gone through Entourage again, at over 80 episodes, that's expensive to re-rent. Plus I like to watch quite a lot of films, add them in at gets very expensive.

If there was an 'all you can eat' package at even 40quid a month, I'd pay it. I easily watch 10films a month and I certainly would watch more if they were all HD and on tap. No messing about with torrents :eek: hopefully it'll come one day in the future..

How do you go about getting a US iTunes account ... I've always wondered how to do that!

Bunny, just buy an iPhone TBH.

+1

But, can you ever realistically see this happening......

Depends really. If all the networks get on with this 99c deal. They base it on not everyone using more than the subscription. Same as all you can eat places. If everyone had 10 steaks, they'd never do it, but because some people just have a salad it works out.

Netflix do it. Hulu has a subscription. LoveFilm does it over here. If you can have unlimited films on dvd, I don't see why you can have them streamed. This is the way things are going.

It'll probably be next year with the new revision that will have an App Store, storage and 1080p.

How do you go about getting a US iTunes account ... I've always wondered how to do that!

You can buy a an iTunes voucher in $ from eBay or something. Or if you Google it, there used to be a link to a load of free songs that automatically set you up as American without needing to register your address.

Upset by there being no increase in size of ipod classic. I'll have to wait even longer to get a new one. Want to see something around 350gb really. If not bigger.