ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting tunes onto ipod touch - WITHOUT iTunes

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't stand iTunes on Windows. Google shows me a few solutions, not many for the touch though, mainly for the normal ipods. Looking for some recommendations as to the best way from peoples experiences though? Heard of Floola - seems a good option, anyone tried it?

Cheers for any help guys :)

I'm planning on picking up an ipod touch in the states next week, is this likely to be a problem? I assume it will work ok in this country? I'm no stranger to 'cracking' things though - should I be looking towards Jailbreaking it? Is that as easy as everyone says?

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
So, would that be a vote for iTunes then ;) ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its the only (REAL) option, if you hate it that much a touch is a bad idea.

MM does work, but itunes is superior.
(I use OS X, so i dont have your issues)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yup. its sweet.

iPT's and iPhones are particularly frustrating when it comes to music transfer.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Install linux with gtkpod.. works like a charm.. is lightweight and fast.

A jailbroken iphone is piss easy to transfer songs as I installed openssh on my GF's iphone and can just scp the songs onto it now via wifi.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know if I'll have any problems using an Ipod Touch bought from the US in this country? Should I just give up and buy a normal ipod?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Its just a ipod!! same as the others, just plug into ur computer and sync the music on... there done!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
itunes is f**king terrible tbh

agreed, its s**t. Oh no look i have a compilation, better list every song as its own album! oh noes a song has an extra space at the end of its id3 tag better give it its own album... and so on and so on

dk

911 GTS Cab
Does anyone know if I'll have any problems using an Ipod Touch bought from the US in this country? Should I just give up and buy a normal ipod?
i have a touch from the us, as they have no charger come with them (OBVIOUSLY DONE BY USB CABLE) and there are no issues.