ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apparently I need a new ECU

^ Yeh, but well worth it. It's a bit of a trek for me too.

Spent all day there when Burpspeed raced there, looks like an awesome track, so it's a 'must do' for me.

Only just seen this Dan, same sort of problem with mine.

Immobiliser stays on permanent and wont start, i've had it plugged into Renault Clip and there's no response from the ECU on mine either! Mine only had the battery disconnected for a month also, so i'll probably be giving Mr Faulkes a ring in the not too distant future also.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As Jonny said it'll turn out to be wiring related or something as daft as the decoder ring... possibly some moisture somewhere playing silly buggers to if its been parked up a fair while. Do not let ANYONE replace the ECM!!

In cases where the ECM doesn't give any response it still can turn out to be a wiring issue and the looms need checking out to ensure power and earths are going to where they need to be and then the diag port needs looking at... I can't believe how many sports are going down at the minute. I've got a UCH coming my way for two new central locking relays this week due to water ingress.

Mick

As Jonny said it'll turn out to be wiring related or something as daft as the decoder ring... possibly some moisture somewhere playing silly buggers to if its been parked up a fair while. Do not let ANYONE replace the ECM!!

In cases where the ECM doesn't give any response it still can turn out to be a wiring issue and the looms need checking out to ensure power and earths are going to where they need to be and then the diag port needs looking at... I can't believe how many sports are going down at the minute. I've got a UCH coming my way for two new central locking relays this week due to water ingress.

Mick

Already tried the decoder ring trick with 2 other decoder rings but no to avail. I'm guessing the best way to get something like this fixed then is a reputable auto electrician?

Nick