ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used the new AD08RS yet?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Realised my AD08R are down to 2mm rear and 3mm front. Not ideal this time of year and explains my grip issues in the wet recently.

Has anyone tried the new AD08RS yet? Seems they've changed the compound to to suit new regulations. Only seen a few comments on them up to now, but don't seem that positive.

Car is my daily now, but I've used AD08R's on my last 3 clios.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Decided to just buy them. Listed as AD08R on kwikfit, but I expect them to be AD08RS. Fitted price was £239 with the 15% discount code they've got running.

Was tempted by the new Rainsport 5's, or Hankook Prime 3. But I think I'd miss the Yoko's in the drier months

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Still a decent enough tyre but they are definitely a slower tyre round circuit

Don't think i'll be tracking the car anytime soon. My main concern was grip in the winter months to be honest. I've no doubt the dry grip in the summer months will be better than any normal tyre in 195/50/15.

I tried a set of ps3 last winter that had around 5+mm thread left on a spare set of PR 1.2's, and didn't like them. Put a fresh pair of AD08R on the front (rears had around 4+mm), and the car felt much better.

I'm expecting the wet grip to be decent again with full tread depth to be honest, just the few comments I've seen so far point towards them being a step backwards.

The main issue with running 15's, is that there isn't really any other options for a performance road tyre. I've had Pilot Sport 4 and currently have Goodyear F1 A5 on my wife's diesel golf, and the grip and feel in all conditions is great (I guess these aren't even performance tyres with both having better option in larger tyres). I'd have liked one of these on the 182.

Cant comment on how they are in comparison to the older version but after setting the pressures correctly Ive found them perfectly fine, safe for roads as of right now, dont see why theyd be much worse a few deg colder. Just dont expect to be able to full send from cold, I did the worlds longest wheel spin turning on to an A road the other day it was like the clutch was slipping

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Got a set of these a couple of weeks ago as mentioned above.

Seem great so far, definitely quieter and smoother to drive on than the old ones. Grip seems good, but it's been cold and mostly greasy, only had them in the dry a handful of times. They feel as soft as the old ones to the touch etc.

Can't comment on circuit use or hard use yet.

But definitely not sh*t as people are making out. Not really any other option for a high performance good all round road/track tyre for "15, PS3s aren't as sharp or grippy in the dry, then NS2Rs and 595s are worse in the rain.

Perfectly happy with them! I'll be getting some proper semi's for track anyway, even the old AD08Rs gave up after 10 minutes of track abuse.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Where have you been getting them from,Camskill?

I need to get a pair for my Pro's ready for spring/summer & get the Pros Painted.

Been shopping around lately, in 225/45R17 sizes, and Camskill keep coming out cheapest.

Anyone know a discount code? :)

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Loved the old AD08R, not so much in the cold/wet though.
Wanted to try something different with a bit more of a center channel (so road only)
Federal 595RS-PRO been on for about 7months now and love 'm!
Better than the old AD08R.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
When I got the AD08RS I went to a local kwikfit and they were brilliant. Took extra care not to damage my brand new alloys and already knew about the yokohama balancing dots. Didn't mind me checking each wheel after fitting and the lad who did them wanted to talk cars afterwards for a bit.

Dont tar them all with the same brush IMHO

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Got a set of these a couple of weeks ago as mentioned above.

Seem great so far, definitely quieter and smoother to drive on than the old ones. Grip seems good, but it's been cold and mostly greasy, only had them in the dry a handful of times. They feel as soft as the old ones to the touch etc.

Can't comment on circuit use or hard use yet.

But definitely not sh*t as people are making out. Not really any other option for a high performance good all round road/track tyre for "15, PS3s aren't as sharp or grippy in the dry, then NS2Rs and 595s are worse in the rain.

Perfectly happy with them! I'll be getting some proper semi's for track anyway, even the old AD08Rs gave up after 10 minutes of track abuse.

Awesome, that's pretty much what i'd hoped to hear to be honest. As said i was much happier with fresh AD08R last winter than a set of PS3 with 5+mm thread left, so provided they're pretty similar, i'll be more than happy.

Where have you been getting them from,Camskill?

I need to get a pair for my Pro's ready for spring/summer & get the Pros Painted.

Kwikfit were the cheapest i could find, but also had 15% off until yesterday. So came in at just under £60 a tyre. Got £8 topcashback too, so actually even less.

Loved the old AD08R, not so much in the cold/wet though.
Wanted to try something different with a bit more of a center channel (so road only)
Federal 595RS-PRO been on for about 7months now and love 'm!
Better than the old AD08R.

Are these a new tyre? I was always put of the old Federal 595RS due to the cracking/splitting and the wet grip was always said to be worse than AD08R's.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah quite new mate.
Situated below the -RR and RS-R
Blurb: