ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone tried this?? Ebay manifold and decat

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
In their advert it states:
This high quality Four-branch tubular race manifold will replace the restrictive standard Cast Iron Manifold and Downpipe. That's not exactly right for starters.

172 Ph1
In their advert it states:
This high quality Four-branch tubular race manifold will replace the restrictive standard Cast Iron Manifold and Downpipe. That's not exactly right for starters.

Your right John, they must be thinking of an Early Clio 1 manifold that was cast for sure

ph2 172
The thing is, i want to replace my sports cat with a straight through pipe and all i can find is decat's for around £120! but i can get this manifold aswell for an extra £100! might give it a whirl??
it does look ok imo! its just the cheapness that puts me off?

SQ5
The welds will crack once it gets some heat through it, just buy genuine second hand Renault one for same price.

Don't try a talk your self into why it's good. We're here to help.

You also know that 182 manifolds require subframe removal to fit?

Mental 172 Cup
I bought one. Got it real cheap on auction. Had it on my car over a year now and the welds have just started to crack. I welded them back up. My advise is unless you get it super cheap then buy genuine.

Not only that it doesn't fit that amazing either. Sits real low..

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
there are literally dozens of better ways to spend your money on a 172 before touching the manifold, and if you have a sport cat already, just stick with that, you won't gain anything but noise from a decat.

Renault Clio 182
i got my manifold from ebay, think it was made by toyosport. i am delighted with it. dont know wat like it was to fit got the loacal garage to fit it.

SQ5
You fitted the Toyosport manifold to your 182?!

They're identical apart from the fact within 12 months the Toyosport one will break welds whereas your standard, exactly the same, Renault one will be fine as it had been for the previous 7-8 years.

Lionel Richie
The toyosport place is 4miles from my workshop, so we went down there and had a look (we bought everything they sold for the clio just to try)

NOTHING fitted, we were there and back within 2hours, dodgy place, its a chinese sweat shop, about 30 blokes in a hooky warehouse, they send out 1 x 7.5ton truck everyday, cash only

i picked up the toyosport 4-2-1 manifold and gasket back when i had a 172 was gonna mod to fit but never got round to it, now i have a 182 theres not much point so it gathers dust in the shed :)

2003 Clio 172
I got one of those cheapo ebay manifolds for my Civic when i bust the lovely DC one that was on there in a pretty major fashion.........and I have to say, it was monkey w**k. But it did the job. I.e. got the gasses out of the engine bay.

I would doubt very much that you will get any gain from it at all looking at how good the stock one appears but you might get headaches from broken welds as has already been stated

Cheap for a reason mate

A