ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone interested in another dyno day, perhaps vicky could arrange another :)

Milltek'd clio 182
If you havent all heard then i will tell you, i had my car remapped and dyno'd an apparently......apparently im running at 193.8bhp with just a decatted exhaust system and a JMS induction kit......yes i know what your thinking. So i would personally like to dyno it somewhere else and then eventually i can then work out what my car is actually running at, so is anyone up for a dyno day, or would be interested to have theres dyno'd to see what you have under the bonnet.

thanks guys and girls.

SG9 Forester STi
If the numbers look healthy for another then I'll happily arrange one for you all :).

Albi Blue 197
Ill defo come to this! Let me know where this is and when it is. Im interested to see what my car runs :)

Milltek'd clio 182
ok guys sounds cool, well ideally looking to get it dyno'd, next month as i really want to see what figures come out, as i dont believe my power run at all. So i will definatley do it, an it looks to be set for about 5 of us so far, so were wait a little to see if more interest arises. thanks people

Milltek'd clio 182
right well surrey it is, i wont say no more, i will allow vicky to contact her member squadron leader and sort something out. cheers vick lol

LY R26 #288
I might be interested. Although I'm tempted to do mine very soon at the place round the corner from me.

Scattle

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan R35 GTR
I'd be interested aswell, would be good to see what mine is putting out.

SG9 Forester STi
Hey, I won't be running my car just yet (waiting on a custom remap) and Surrey is a bit of a trek to watch.

Best thing you can do is PM Saner and see what his arrangements are for the next one :).

Albi Blue 197
i went down to amd today. its just making me want to dyno my car now bad! I was talking about it to the guy down there for a while he rekons ill see between 12-16bhp on a good successfull remap wiv a panel filter on my 197???

Rookie question: How do dyno days work and are they a major stress on the car, do they run it in each gear?
Thanks! Possibly interested

4th is the "test" gear ratio I think and as far as I am aware not a major strain for the engine... No different from a long pull all the way to the limiter on the road, less the weight of the car to lug along with it?! (not sure if that last bit is correct, so someone correct if that's wrong).

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Hi Guys, the next Surrey Rolling Road Day I will organise will be on Saturday 21st or 28th January

I used to do it Bi-Annually but as you can see, getting 20 people together for a great price twice a year is difficult!

Reason for January? Far enough away from Christmas that people have money, still cold and sometimes dry, very good condidtions for a Power Run.

If people want to get one done sooner, i'd recomend an Independent Rolling Road that uses a Dyno Dynamics Roller (Like SRR), however you will end up paying considerable more on your own than on a Power Run Day

LY R26 #288
I might still be up for that although I think I might get it done sooner. My local rolling road uses dyno dynamics and is 45 + vat for 3 power runs which I didn't think was too bad.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
£54, sounds about average.

On the Power Run days I organise it is usually £30 (May be £35 next year) for as many runs needed to get a stable result.

Gives you something to compare it against.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes I'm interested ! January is far too far away.. it also should make no diference if it's -20 or +50C ambient, as the tester should work in a calibration factor for amb.temp, air pressure, etc..

Rookie question: How do dyno days work and are they a major stress on the car, do they run it in each gear?
Thanks! Possibly interested

No different to driving your car up the road, keeping your foot in it until ignition cut !

4th is the "test" gear ratio I think and as far as I am aware not a major strain for the engine... No different from a long pull all the way to the limiter on the road, less the weight of the car to lug along with it?! (not sure if that last bit is correct, so someone correct if that's wrong).

The gear chosen is usually closest to a 1:1 ratio, which in most cars is 4th. The tester should have a database with 'box ratios anyway for most cars to work out the correct final ratio.

Also, the road/dyno has to have a load applied or the engine would just rev up to ignition cut in seconds like you were sat in neutral. The point of it is measuring the resistance the car has against the load, to work out what torque it's putting out. That is then worked back to power (HP/kW).

:)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Yes I'm interested ! January is far too far away.. it also should make no diference if it's -20 or +50C ambient, as the tester should work in a calibration factor for amb.temp, air pressure, etc..

No different to driving your car up the road, keeping your foot in it until ignition cut !

The gear chosen is usually closest to a 1:1 ratio, which in most cars is 4th. The tester should have a database with 'box ratios anyway for most cars to work out the correct final ratio.

Also, the road/dyno has to have a load applied or the engine would just rev up to ignition cut in seconds like you were sat in neutral. The point of it is measuring the resistance the car has against the load, to work out what torque it's putting out. That is then worked back to power (HP/kW).

:)

In regards to the conditions on the day, they do make a difference. If you have as best conditions as possible then you don't have to 'calibrate' it out. There is a noticable difference between a power run on a warm humid day and a dry cold day, regardless of calibration.

Megane GT
If it's not too far I wouldnt mind coming down to watch as there is noooo point me putting mine on :eek: