ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had there car on a weigh bridge?

172cup turbo & rx8
following on from my previous post, has anyone actually had the cars on a weigh bridge?

if you have can you please state any weight affecting alterations along with the weight and model

cheers

Swift Sport
I had mine weighed at the Redline shoot, 1045kg iirc.

I've removed the rear seats, and had at least 1/2 tank of fuel.

Lionel Richie
a beer token or 2, only takes 10min to get the stuff setup, drive on, drive off - done! the joys of wireless scales :D

(note corner weighting ie f**king about with it costs more, labour time *****ing about)

Our ph2 172, with Composite Seats, no rear seats, no airbags, anti vibration block or tar based sound deadening, with half a tank of fuel, the spare turini & tool kit and two people on board (weighing 85kg & 68kg - my athletic figure ;)) weighed in on the local weigh bridge at 1180kg.

The weighbridge has an accuracy of +/- 20kg.

So without people and tool kit/spare wheel (aprox 25kg?) it is almost bang on a 1000kg with about 25L of fuel on board.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
900kg for my mk1, rearseats removed , no spare or cage, no std seatbelts, tar and foam under carpet removed. few lighter bits in the bay like manifold and coilovers etc also get leggeras.
could get it even lighter but its my daily drive so needs creature comforts (sort of) lol
(btw, mk1 weigh 1000kg as std so its lost 100kg :) )

30062008088.jpg

DSCF4055.jpg

Last edited:

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
182 FF with Recaros, no bench seat, headrests or tool kit, no lump of iron in the engine bay, full tank of petrol: 1052kg.

Sunflower Yellow Ph1 172
mark 1 clio 16v with
1.4 turbo C1J engine
stripped out with 2 cobra imola kevlar seats
no spare wheel

810kg, 200bhp

could have lost more weight by ditching electric windows, getting tar out etc etc but was an animal as it was.