ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone get poor service from Sky BB?

Fiat Panda 100hp
I have a 8 meg package from Sky and apparanty my line can carry a max of 3mb.

Now since having the broadband from Sky it's been utter tripe. It takes about 30 seconds to download a picture and youtube vids are unbearable.

This is what I'm getting right now at 22.40 on a saturday night...

736231787.png

Where do I stand it getting it cancelled or could it just be a bad line coming into the house?

Thanks,

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's been covered here and basically everywhere on the internet, if you're on the BT wholesale package that Sky use (instead of their own LLU offering) then the service is shaped to hell and doesn't work, it's unusable.

My parents had the same issue, my dad was getting so frustrated with the internet that I switched them to BT broadband which is working perfectly for them now.

The only way to fix this Sky broadband problem is to move to a better ISP.

Read the forums over here www.skyuser.co.uk to see the extent of the problem.

Audi S3 225
Reading fail ^^^

Actually i wanted to know if he was on the connect or unlimited package, which he didnt mention. I moved from connect to unlimited as in the evenings and weekends my internet was unusable.

Like said before have a read up on the skyuser site.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I'm on the Sky Connect package, from the link provided by Snoop it seems to be a terrible service. Just looking into how I can get out of it now :(

Audi S3 225
As long as your not still in a 12 month contract you should be able to leave or upgrade to a better package. I pay £10 a month as i have the calls/tv deal. Dont upgrade to the middle package 'everyday' as that's just 'connect' renamed.

Unlimited is the only true unlimited connection with no throttling or traffic shaping sky do. I abused my first month downloading over 250GB of data and had no issues. Been 6 months and had no issues what's so ever.

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Jonesy said:
As long as your not still in a 12 month contract you should be able to leave or upgrade to a better package. I pay £10 a month as i have the calls/tv deal. Dont upgrade to the middle package 'everyday' as that's just 'connect' renamed.

Unlimited is the only true unlimited connection with no throttling or traffic shaping sky do. I abused my first month downloading over 250GB of data and had no issues. Been 6 months and had no issues what's so ever.

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/

It's unlikely that he'll be able to do that, I'm not even sure how you managed to do it.

If sky have their equipment in your exchange then they will automatically put you on that package as it's cheaper for you and cheaper for them to provide. If you're on connect and your exchange susequently becomes enabled for their llu service, again, they will (eventually) automatically migrate you to that.

Sounds like you just slipped through the net somehow jonesey!

Ben, I'd recommend phoning up and having a go, saying that the service is unusable and that you want the contract terminated, from what I've read they'll let you terminate as they know the service is, well, shite.

Clio TCe + Corsa VXR
740019321.png

I find it quite usable , sky (connect) is by far the best isp we have tried in our area. BT's is probably one of the worse. There's too many variables like distance from exchange, line quality and town where you live. For example if you live in the middle of nowhere your not going to get 50mb speed.

PH1 iceburg
Touch wood i cannot complain about sky, i guess different areas have different stories, like we cannot have virgin.

Clio DCi 65
If you are in a contract and you're really not happy with it email their CEO.

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

One of his PA's will reply within the day and will compensate you & try fix the problem for you. They've just sorted out my Sky TV & my friends BB after I sent them 2 emails.

Audi S3 225
I was out of contract with sky and my exchange was llu enabled so asked to upgrade. Got so fed up with connect couldnt even play xbox live!