ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone fitted AP racing brakes to their clio?

Ad

MK2 FRS
I know bembro's has been done, guys name escapes me, was on a cup.

Also seen another make (black calipers) on an RS.

Turbos.
Didn't Fred saying they were developing a kit with AP?

They don't do one as of yet, i'm pretty sure as of that.

If you want to develop a kit then phone them and speak to Pete Collen.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Had the brembo 4 pot kit on mine, but changed wheels and it doesnt fit under them.

AP don't currently have any road spec calipers (sealed) that fit under the oe wheels without spacers being used. Not sure if Fred is having some made to spec as he doesnt speak to me anymore ;)

but from ap direct ...

We finally settled on a competition caliper for the track day users, purely
to allow then to retain the 16" Cup wheel and the Renault type.
Brake kit # CP3307-1069 List £1379.89 + vat.
Kit consists of: -
Direct lug mount 4-pot differential bore competition caliper (no brackets
required)

clio 200 F4Rt
compbrake 4 pots will be available soon through shed motorsport that will fit under a 15 inch rim, and of course the standard 16 inch rim.

check here for more info on compbrak kits... www.compbrake.co.uk

M3 & Clio Cup racer
I have used an AP racing set on our race clio with 15" competition Speedlines and although close they did fit. We actually use Alcons but purely because we had 2 sets of those and one of the APs. They were for sale on the forum recently and although someone has said he definitely wants them i haven't got his money yet! I'm sure AP have been advertising a road going set for the last couple of years.

Team Think said:
I have used an AP racing set on our race clio with 15" competition Speedlines and although close they did fit. We actually use Alcons but purely because we had 2 sets of those and one of the APs. They were for sale on the forum recently and although someone has said he definitely wants them i haven't got his money yet! I'm sure AP have been advertising a road going set for the last couple of years.

Would you say they are the best on the market? I've heard that they are the Be-all & end-all of brake kits.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
there is always 'a point' to 4 pot kits such as AP, brembo, wilwood etc, great stopping power for starters, most on here spend a fortune on sticky back plastic for their car & a set of showy rims which highlight the weedy looking calipers so its a worthy upgrade wether you do 'motorsport' or not. Having tried the pf 97 pads which were awsome but removed because of the dust issues im now running the ds2500 and they are not as good so i am looking for more bite as are many on here, other makes get good kits (brembo,ap) for 550-750 but because its a 'clio' its 1k+. hispec is the only cheaper kit, doubt wilwood do one for the rs? FMP what sort of cost is you kit coming in at?

V6 Exige, GTR R35
andy down at gdi is trying to do some ap 4 pots on my car at the moment.

not sure of the exact setup at the moment. will post more results up when i get the car back in a couple of weeks time.

clio 200 F4Rt
Shed 4 pot kit is being worked on at the moment, hopefully be ready for the French Car Show.

Kit is made from Aircraft grade billet aluminium, perfect fit, with no need for washes, shims etc.

kit is also designed to be used with standard master cylinder, so no extended pedal travel etc.

Full kit, with hoses, pads, fluid, 4 pots, 2 peice discs will be around the 750 mark. but that is to be confirmed.

as for website, currently under development at www.shedmotorsport.com