ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any help on brakes

Nimbus Grey 197
right i dont know where to look now a few months ago i changed the mrs disks pads and put braided lines on her cup 182 i fitted bembro max with a set of ds2500 and goodridge hoses and blead it all up after this it didnt feel right there is lots of travel on the pedel and if you need to stop quickly well your not going to be doing this any thime soon since then we had tdf bleed it whalst it was in just in case mine wasnt good enough this made no diffrence but we found a dodgy nipple which was changed then blead again so we thought as the hand break was a bit high and there was not as much pads on the back we would swap them over as we needed to put some camber shims on so it had new rears and still no better we are at a loss of what to do now

any help and ideas would be good thanks

182 FF, A6 Avant
Perhaps air trapped in the abs system making the pedal soft? Try getting the abs to fire in a controlled situation. If not with the correct machine it can be plugged in and set to open the valves and release any air.

Subaru 330s
The abs works fine, there is just no urgency in the brakes, that's the only way I can describe it and as said above the pedal is soft

182 FF, A6 Avant
The abs will work yes. But if it has air in the pump it won't come out with normal bleeding.

182 FF, A6 Avant
I managed to sort mine by just getting the abs to fire a few times then re-bleeding. Otherwise it needs someone with one of the Renault diagnostics machines I believe.

Nimbus Grey 197
ah ok i did speek to somebody today who said just keep bleeding it and now its raining a bit ill send her out a few times thanks