ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any good monthly phone deals atm?

Two 0 Shitx
I've been on pay as you go for years but now im 18 i can set up a monthly contract so i've been looking around at the few deals. I can't decide what phone i want! Are the Blackberrys any good? I can get the standard iphone too but don't think that one is any good? Not clued up on phones anymore so some help please :D

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/catalog/compatiblePhoneGridView.jsp?dependantSkuIds=sku1650035&phoneType=null&skuType=consumerPostpayVoicePlanBundleSku&selection=phoneSku&initialFilters=flt_paymonthly&_requestid=824464

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/cat...itialFilters=flt_paymonthly&_requestid=824624

Last edited:
  megane gt dci 150
ive just got a blackberry curve 8520, unlimited internet usage, unlimited blackberry email, 300 mins, unlimited texts for £25 a month for 24 months

megane gt dci 150
it was a deal vodafone was doing 3 weeks ago. the blackberrys a good phone, you can download apps like you can on the iphone. overall its a very good phone, very quick on the internet too!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The 9700 is a cracking phone, I have the bold 9000 and it's the best phone i've used to date, the 9700 is a cracking size with a lot of nice touches.

megane gt dci 150
blackberrys are the future lol. there easy to use and the battery holds a decent charge while your texting and ringing (about 5 days between charges)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Don't buy the curve mate it's not a patch on the bold imo.

The storm is touchscreen.

Bold 9700 for me or a iphone 3gs.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
iPhone 3gs 18 months is £35 a month unlimited textas and net 300mins but costs £189. Or 24 months and the phone is £89

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Because everytime I see one it reminds me of work! :(

Oh and the little ball wheel thing pisses me off - as it always stops working when you get dirt in it.

Two 0 Shitx
Ordered it, getting a free internet dongle too, thanks for teh help :eek:

How much is insurance on these? Think i'll need some knowing my phone history :D

Last edited:
  Two 0 Shitx
Well this is a fail, i've been out of work since August so vodafone refused to let me take out a monthly contract. I don't have any bad or good credit ratings because i've only just got my card! God this is frustrating, waiting to see if tmobile give me a contract, i got a better deal with them anyway.

WANTED Arctic 182
Cause every time you apply for a contract they will search your credit file. Your credit file then show how often it has been looked at and who by.

The Rejection Spiral-

Avoid the ‘rejection spiral'.

There’s a nightmare scenario you need to avoid, called the rejection spiral. It works like this:
  • You apply.
    You get rejected (sometimes falsely, due to an error).
    You apply elsewhere.
    You get rejected again.

This continues, until finally you check your files and get the error corrected.

You apply again
    You’re rejected, not due to the error, but because of all the recent ‘searches’.

Thus, if you're rejected once, immediately check the files are correct, otherwise you may mess up your score for an age as more applications mean more searches, which compounds the problem. You'll be told by the lender which credit reference agency it used to assess your info, so focus on that

Two 0 Shitx
I'll have a look at it tomorrow, hopefully i won't have done much damage as i've only asked 2 companys. So pissed off, surely everyone should be given a chance instead of throwing us all in the same boat, £9 a week isn't exactly going to be breaking the bank! Don't know what to do now, im expecting to be turned down by T-Mobile and atm i can't get anyone to take one out for me so looks like im pretty screwed. Is there no other way to prove i can afford it or even pay some money up front?

Not unless you were offered a deposit, but as it came back as a decline this wouldnt be possible. To be honest, Vodafone are pretty hard to get with, our criteria/score pass rate is pretty High/low.

See what T-mobile say, if its a no, check your report on www.creditexpert.co.uk, leave it a few months, pay everything you can by DD, and take a small credit card out if you can with your bank, just use it for fuel etc.

Two 0 Shitx
Hm, think i've only used my debit card twice so far as i've only just got it set up after a c**k up with the bank, maybe this is hurting me too. Im new to all this and i've never really looked into credit cards, i've always thought they were something to avoid, will have to have a read into it.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
You can get it on your ma's name but to come out of your account if that gets your around the problem?

Two 0 Shitx
Not really, they've never had much faith in me and think i won't pay it, both Grandads have had bad experiences with taking out contracts for other people so thats a no. Only hope i've got is my Grandma who's in France, im her favourite so we'll see :D

Two 0 Shitx
Not sure why this is taking so long, applied through carphonewarehouse to get a contract with T-Mobile at about 8pm last night and i've still not been told if i can have it or not, i only have the first email from them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You are apllying for a contract when you have no employment.

You've been refused credit and are still applying with different companies.

Jesus H Christ. Whats the matter with you??

Two 0 Shitx
Unlike you Daniel i don't take no for an answer, hence why i now have the same contract with T-Mobile! ;) Just because im unemployed atm doesn't mean i can't afford it.

Two 0 Shitx
Bah i duuno, hopefully this contract will bring my credit rating up too and using my debit card. Thanks for your help :star: