ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Good (Harman Kardon)

They do good stuff, they use Harman kardon in Range Rover's too, and I have some harman kardon speakers and sub for my PC, impressed with the sound quality. :)

Edit: that amp looks schweet too :)

dci1.5 look RS
harman kardon is more for quality of sound,

if you want just to make noise there is other options..

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Wicked guys thanks for the help with that, didnt know they were linked with jbl and infinity at all so much appreciated.

Luke

Not a Clio
That is probably a good amp, no way of knowing without testing it first though. Harman Kardon, Bose etc do make good stuff but most of the time the installs they put in cars as an option (BMW/Audi/RR etc) aren't great because the car manufacturers give them a stupidly small budget so they can make a bigger profit, people still pay for them though because it has a well know audio brands name on it. Win win for the companies, not so good for the customers....better off spending the same cash or less on an install from a good car audio shop.

So just because they're in BMW's doesn't mean the quality is upto that of a home stereo system from the same manufacturer. It's the same old story, you can't buy something because of the brand, you have to test the specific model.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
You shouldnt need a 4 channel amp if your only running one sub? my setup is front and rear door speakers which are alpine and kept dash tweeters, 3000 watt sub and amp and decent 60watt x 4 head unit.

Slooooow Ass 1.2
I was looking to ampfron components and rear speakers as well as having a decent sounding sub in the boot for that added bass.

i saw the 5 channel route as an easier route to go than have multiple amps really unless anyone could give me a reason not to really.

I've had installs before but only ever amped the sub so i honestly don't know if multiple amps are better than just the single one to do the whole job.

I already have my sub from a previous install which is a 300w RMS HiFonics 12" inch Sub as it kicked nicely in my old car.

Thanks for help guys,
Luke

Last edited:
  Not a Clio
Personally I would go for a decent 4 channel for the front and rear speakers and a powerful mono for the sub (which is fairly decent by the way). I am not convinced that amp will be much good, but I haven't listened to one, so don't quote me!