ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any clio racers out there brake bias help needed

172 Race VW Caddy
The bell end who owned the car before me decided it would be a good idea to cut all the abs sensor wires and loom I as you can guess there is too much bias to the rear it's a non cup btw.

Time is a bit of a problem for me so need a quick solution I have a willwood bias valve but being a non cup it has 1 line for each caliper running from the abs pump so I can't put it there as I'd have to tee the lines into 1 through the bias valve and then into 2 again

Has anyone put one in the feed line from the mc to the abs pump there are 2 lines I'm guessing 1 for front and rear

i know the best option would be to get a mc and lines from a cup then ill be able to use the bias valve but don't really have time

Anyone have a quick fix ?

Lionel Richie
put some utter s**t rear pads in it or just disconnet the hydraulic lines from the rear calipers (note if you kill yourself i'm not to be held responsible!)

172 Race VW Caddy
I did think about d/c'ing them but that's not the way I want to do it
i have ds3000 all round so poss a bit much for the rear have some green stuff and there s*it so could try them in the rear. Had a couple of big moments cos of it and its slowing me down as I can't brake as late as I want to

would like a proper fix ideally get the valve in somewhere just don't have time to fit the cup mc lines and bits

Lionel Richie
you should NEVER run uprated rear pads on a clio, just simply a waste of money, get down GSF with £7 in your pocket and get some "vetech" rear pads, utter crap and you'll cook them, but that's the point so you have no rear braking effort at all (or very little)

172 Race VW Caddy
That's a good point i think I have some at work.

would still like to get the bias in for peace of mind

LY FF182
The previous owner of my car somehow fucked up the brakes and I get litterally no rear bias at all.. Sometimes a little bit. I wanna go down the bias valve option too

you should NEVER run uprated rear pads on a clio, just simply a waste of money, get down GSF with £7 in your pocket and get some "vetech" rear pads, utter crap and you'll cook them, but that's the point so you have no rear braking effort at all (or very little)

I've seen people comment that you should uprate the rears to keep it balanced if you uprate the front, which sounds like it makes sense until you think about how when you uprate the fronts there is then more weight transfer during hard braking and so you are more likely to lock the rears anyway even before you start upgrading them.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
You dont want to uprate the rear pads unless you want to go pirouetting down the road under heavy braking lol!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
As I understand it the rears never get hot enough to utilise an uprated pad anyway.

172 Race VW Caddy
You dont want to uprate the rear pads unless you want to go pirouetting down the road under heavy braking lol!

I have noticed this at silverstone at bout 120mph Mangaed to keep it tho

I need to find a quick way to get the bias valve in

Cup In bits
I have noticed this at silverstone at bout 120mph Mangaed to keep it tho

I need to find a quick way to get the bias valve in

Blank one of the lines out of the abs pump and then use the remaining line with a bias valve fitted in and 't' that off to the rear calipers.