ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anti roll bar and engine mount

Clio 182 cup
recently started getting some vibration when accelerating hard, git under the car and had a look and notice that the anti roll bar was really close the the exhaust

like so,
10119e6d.jpg

that surely is far to close for the exhaust to sit :dapprove: ?

i then searched the forum for "anti rool bar knock"

and found a answer to try and move the engine mount to one side to pull the engine and move the exhaust surely this isn't healthy for the mounts ?

As i then removed the mount i come across this,

e78a2b72.jpg

37a0be52.jpg

:eek:

so all i ask is when i get my new mount through the post has anyone got any ideas on how to get the exhaust to sit a bit further away from the anti roll bar as it has obviously been touching as the paint has been taken off the anti roll bar and there is a mark on the exhaust.

thanks Dan

sorry about the massive pictures.

What you read is right afaik mate you loosen the 4 silver bolts in pic 2 and pull the engine forward and get someone to tighten the bolts back up.

"Navy" N17 TWO
If you move the engine forward, even if it is only a fraction will it mean having to adjust your exhaust again with the bumper etc?

Clio 182 cup
What you read is right afaik mate you loosen the 4 silver bolts in pic 2 and pull the engine forward and get someone to tighten the bolts back up.

I'll try that then jack, hopefully a solid engine mount will help so most of the movement and any excessive vibration.

Clio 182 cup
If you move the engine forward, even if it is only a fraction will it mean having to adjust your exhaust again with the bumper etc?

I wouldn't have thought so not with a 172 with a 182 may be a different story Becaise of the cut outs in the bumper :S