ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another TV question - full HD vs 100Hz?

Right, I may be getting a flatscreen soon and am stuck as to what I should get.

I have been looking at 42" and over and there are a couple that do the full 1920x1080 HD, but there are also a few now that are 100Hz technology.

I have two concerns with full HD:

1) Will normal telly look blocky and crap on it?
2) Will it not be a bit jerky?

I have seen the HD TVs in the shop and I always find that, especially in panning shots and action shots, the motion isn't always very fluid. Would 100Hz solve this?

I think my query really boils down to this -
should I bother getting Full HD, given that I have seen sharper non-Full HD pictures (one 1920x1080 running a PS3 with the demo bit of some war game with planes etc in it was a bit pixelated it seemed :S) and should I go 100Hz for smoothness?

There's too much choice... :dead:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
an SD source would look horrific upscaled to 1080p.

Depends what you will be usuing it for. If i were buying an HD screen I'd go for 1080p simplly for future proofing

hmmmmm...

decisions....

I will probably be watching TV more than anything else, therefore I don't want to be driven mad by going full HD and having it look s**t :S

I may get a 100Hz one that's 1080p (if possible) but not worry too much about the 1920 bit :)

I do want to get Sky HD but they haven't got *everything* in HD yet so will be stuck with most day to day telly looking pants it seems! :(

IMO the step up 'normal' HD over 'Full' HD is not nearly as great or beneficial as the initial leap from SD.

Having seen a Pioneer 50 running 1080p from Blu Ray I was not overly blown away, certainly on a cursory glance it didn't warrant the extra outlay.

What is your budget for the screen?

wellll...

I want to get surround sound as well, so need to get a good quality (and loud :evil:) set up for that, then I quite fancy sky HD, and if my total budget is a grand(ish), I'm going to end up with a 15" crt at this rate LOL

Give me ideas around a grand though :)

57 Clio Campus Sport
50" Samsung. Normal HD not 1080p off dixons.co.uk for £1070 or £1020 with £50 code. Never had any problems with samsung. If i had £1000 i would get that.

If you go into currys its priced at like £1400 but they have massive saving on their online site