ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another starting issue

clio 182 sport
Right I know it's another issue with starting but I need to get it sorted as it's winding me up now.
it only seems to happen from cold starting,..when I try to start the 182 each day the the first time I can't hear the pump prime and know it won't start if I try but when I try the second time it will start straight away fine.....but every now and then I won't hear the pump prime?
and also if I keep the ignition on and start it's fine but only from the first point of the ignition, but if I turn it off completely and turn it back on I don't hear it prime again.
any help would be very grateful ;)
was maybe having it plugged into fault finder or maybe could it be fuel pump...or fuel pump relay?

Clio 182 FF
I had the exact same problem, got an RS tumer and sorted it all out. Must be something to do with the better starting from cold ecu map when putting the RS tuner on.

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Maybe worth cleaning / replacing your TDC sensor bud

Under the induction hose / water hoses on the top of the gearbox, two 10mm bolts, clean up the wiring connection too

Start with this, easy and at no extra cost. Solved my startup issue too. Looks like this:

Renault Clio 182
Its worth getting the tdc that comes with the loom, i would be inclined to change it rather than just clean it. Most of the time its the connection. But strange how it does not prime, the fuel pump has nothing to do with the tdc in the regard to ignition on state. There are three relays under the black box one of them is the fuel pump, cant remember which one? I'll check if you need to know for certain.