ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another North Weald Meet: 17.03.2012

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Starting this thread on behalf of Ian (Nightrider Renault) as he's too scared to do it himself ;)

The last one was rather good apart from the fresh weather. Its a nice little area to have a meet, some grub and a cuppa and a good 'ol chat and after last meets turnout we thought we'd do another one.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?622443-SE-CS-hit-the-airfield-North-Weald-28-01-12

Same place @ the squadron club on sat 17th march, 1:30pm

If your free and you fancy it then put your name down. :)

1. Nightrider Renault
2. Dr Jekyll

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Bloody hell another one I cant make it to hope this gets bigger and bigger with time. And with summer coming up it should get busier and better! hopefully do one in April as well.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
As I see this Location is getting more and more popular with meets I thought I would post some pics taken of aircraft that are based and visit North Weald.
I will also post a link to the website that will give you more info on the airfield.

View attachment 71528View attachment 71529View attachment 71530View attachment 71531View attachment 71532View attachment 71533View attachment 71534View attachment 71535View attachment 71536View attachment 71537View attachment 71538View attachment 71539View attachment 71540View attachment 71541View attachment 71542View attachment 71543View attachment 71544View attachment 71545View attachment 71546

Interesting Facts.
The Airfield was Established in 1917 to protect London From Zepplin air raids and was a key airfield in the Battle of Britain during the Second World War. The RAF stayed there all the way up to the late 70s/80s.

The Airfield was used in the film Battle of Britain.

The Airfield was turned into an American airbase for the filming of Band of Brothers in the Early noughties.

Crystal maze was filmed in one of the hangers along with various other programmes and films.

In 1971 it held the first ever Air Tattoo which then went on to become the Royal International Air Tattoo now at Fairford.
It held air shows up to the late 90s where it was finally cancelled due to increasing costs of running.

It Plays host to many organised events such as Players and Drag racing as well as Fly ins and Night shoots.
It will also be used as a Park and ride area for 3500 cars for the Olympics.

Many famous faces have kept their aircraft there including David Gilmour of Pink Floyd fame for whom I used to work for before joining the RAF and Gary Numan.

more info
http://northwealdairfield.org/

Hopefully into the summer we can get some more meets there and perhaps I can organise a visit and look around the Hanger 11 collection http://hangar11.co.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:

smith200

South East - Kent
ClioSport Area Rep
1. Nightrider Renault
2. Dr Jekyll
3. louis
4. lrj
5.Smith197 (down as a maybe)

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
1. Dr Jekyll
2. Nightrider Renault
3. louis
4. lrj
5. Smith197 (down as a maybe)
6. Suzanne
7. Steve (Red 200, no username yet)

Milltek'd clio 182
1. Dr Jekyll
2. Nightrider Renault
3. louis
4. lrj
6. Suzanne
8. Russel Bland
9. one in a million​

SG9 Forester STi
1. Dr Jekyll
2. Nightrider Renault
3. louis
4. lrj
6. Suzanne
8. Russel Bland
9. one in a million
10. Diditno if it's running by then
11. Vickyx

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I've banged off an email to the owner hopefully he should get back to me soon. As its coming up to air show season he should be around the hanger more at the weekends getting his aircraft ready for the season. There is a Norwegian open day in September I believe and for this they usually bring over a couple of F16's so I will keep you posted.

here is a interesting video of North Weald whilst it was being used for band of brothers

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
1. Dr Jekyll
2. Nightrider Renault
3. louis
4. lrj
6. Suzanne
8. Russel Bland
9. one in a million
11. Vickyx
12. Brian (tbc)

As always xx

1. Dr Jekyll
2. Nightrider Renault
3. louis
4. lrj
6. Suzanne
8. Russel Bland
9. one in a million
11. Vickyx
12. Brian (tbc)
14. Tyler

ph1 clio
1. Dr Jekyll
2. Nightrider Renault
3. louis
4. lrj
6. Suzanne
8. Russel Bland
9. one in a million
11. Vickyx
12. Brian (tbc)
14. Tyler
15.Gardner51

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
1. Dr Jekyll
2. Nightrider Renault
3. louis
4. lrj
6. Suzanne
8. Russel Bland
9. one in a million
11. Vickyx
12. Brian (tbc)
14. Tyler
15.Gardner51
16 wag1 if diditno goes
17 the nice giraffe tbc

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
its a free for all guys, the more the merrier :)

would be good to get some pics of a big lineup on the airfield.

mark i think you should ring the lady in the cafe,:coffee: if you dont have the number ask tyler she gave it to him for a date:quiet:

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
bloody hell what have I created lol

DAM YOU armed forces I've missed the last couple and it appears to be growing bigger and bigger.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
bloody hell what have I created lol

DAM YOU armed forces I've missed the last couple and it appears to be growing bigger and bigger.
can we have the bar open this time rafmatt:cheers: as we may need the space, unless brian brings the cs tent:hail:

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
If you ring the squadron on the number above they should be able to open it for you. Tis good in there a lot of memorabilia on the walls