ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another new Cup!

197 FF Glacier White
Actually I've had it a few weeks, but only just got round to taking some pics to share, anyway, it's only another Mondial Blue Cup!

IMG_02262-1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_02091-1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_02252-1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_02141.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_02211.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_02272.jpg
[/IMG]

Quick details......

39,400 Miles

Full Renault History

Belts done

Drives tight, like new really, I drove one of these way back when with only 3.5 k on it, this feels the same, no knocks, no bangs, just the usual Renault interior rattles!

It's taken 6 months to find one I liked but I'm glad I waited!

The wheels are the only modification from standard, they'll be going back to silver as soon as the winter is out of the way!!!

Pleased with it so far, no problems and 300 plus to a tank.

G

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome, early Cup. Agree with you about the wheels though. They look much better being silver.

Get some later, clear repeaters, too.

197 FF Glacier White
Love the cups :)

Any plans?

Track days of course! No mods though, if it breaks, I'll upgrade it! I hate noisy exhausts etc, so it will stay as it is for now, it needs lowering, but I don't want the road manners to be effected by harder springs, so I'll do without!

197 FF Glacier White
Good man! You might want to uprate the brakes if you're heading out on track. (if it hasnt already been done of course)

Everything is standard! It had new Renault discs and pads 2 months ago, I realise it will chew these up on track days so I will be ordering upgraded brakes soon, I won't change them for the sake of it though, I want my wear out of these first!

G

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Oh, you'd have loved mine :) (minus the billsteins though)

197 FF Glacier White

Was yours silver? I remember PMing you about it, but my memory doesn't stretch to the details!

I do like the blue, but I would have rather a silver if I'm honest, still, at least you can tell this is a Cup, you'd have to look quite hard at the silvers I suppose.

I'm not sure this is a keeper as yet, I am considering a 197 mid next year, that will be blue though, the blue similar to Mondial, it looks stunning on the 197. I'm after a go in a Trophy though, I do like the look of them, and if they handle better than this does!

We'll see!

G

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Looks real nice Graeme-sure i've seen this about Chester recently.

Where you planning on getting the wheels done fella?

197 FF Glacier White
Looks real nice Graeme-sure i've seen this about Chester recently.

Where you planning on getting the wheels done fella?

You will have seen it about I imagine, I work in Chester and the previous owner lived in Chester.

Not sure where to get the wheels done, but I'm leaving it until after the winter anyway.

G

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
:eek:^Original release press photo?! :rasp:

Looks a tidy job, I've spoken to one outfit in chester about the 2118s but just wanted to know if there was anyone else local worth considering. Did TWS powdercoat yours Gaz or paint/bake?

197 FF Glacier White

Looks a tidy job, I've spoken to one outfit in chester about the 2118s but just wanted to know if there was anyone else local worth considering. Did TWS powdercoat yours Gaz or paint/bake?

I'm looking to powdercoat if possible, it's usually a tougher finish.

I remember your car now Gaz, lovely thing! I was trying to justify spending that much, then it was sold!

My loss, although this one is lovely, not much work and it will be perfect.

G

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks pretty high at the front - is that the standard height or am I just getting too used to seeing slammed cups?

197 FF Glacier White
Looks pretty high at the front - is that the standard height or am I just getting too used to seeing slammed cups?

I'm guessing it must be standard! It's unmodified. I thought it looked high to be honest, but a bit of internet searching later, just looks standard. I'd like it lower, but I don't want harder springs.

G

197 FF Glacier White

Gaz, I take it the bilsteins firmed things up? Is there a standard rate lowering spring at all? I'd like it lowering, don't want it harder. Rear ARB will sort the very minimal roll out I'd have thought, I want to keep it's surprisingly good road manners!

G

Edit! Assuming the billies use normal standard size coil over spring dimensions, I could get springs at a rate to suit! Hmm, I like billie shocks as well! Food for thought!

G

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

They were powder coated mate, looked 100 times better than they did, loads of fleck too (like o.e)

Gaz, I take it the bilsteins firmed things up? Is there a standard rate lowering spring at all? I'd like it lowering, don't want it harder. Rear ARB will sort the very minimal roll out I'd have thought, I want to keep it's surprisingly good road manners!

G

Edit! Assuming the billies use normal standard size coil over spring dimensions, I could get springs at a rate to suit! Hmm, I like billie shocks as well! Food for thought!

G

Mine was running the B14 coilover set up. Best bet for you (imo) would be either new set of Renault shocks, or better still Koni shocks and eibach springs, either Proline (slight drop of about 10mm, O.E feeling in ride) or Sportlines, around 30mm drop a wee bit firmer but nothing too harsh. The Koni's are three way adjustable, so offer a bit of scope!

Black Gold Clio 182
Looks nice mate, tidy find!!

As for standard brakes, ive just done Cadwell Park on standard brakes, was fine, could start to feel fade after about 6/7 laps, but thats about time you need to be coming in to cool off for a little anyway. They would benifit from being upgraded, but as you say, get the use out of them first!! :p

As for lowering, ive just fit some Eibach springs too, -15mm so hardly any lower, and isnt uncomfortable.

197 FF Glacier White
I had Eibach/Koni set up on my 20v Turbo, bordering on too hard. What are the Billie coilovers like on the softest setting? I like the idea of being able to adjust the suspension to suit a track.

G

Edit - Having said the above, the Clio is light so might not be as crashy on the Eibach./Koni combo! I'll search the forum later for comments/reviews.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I had Eibach/Koni set up on my 20v Turbo, bordering on too hard. What are the Billie coilovers like on the softest setting? I like the idea of being able to adjust the suspension to suit a track.

G

Edit - Having said the above, the Clio is light so might not be as crashy on the Eibach./Koni combo! I'll search the forum later for comments/reviews.

The billies are only hight adjustable, the damping is pre set, they were sometimes bordering too hard for me at times, but i am a poof lol

197 FF Glacier White
A grand a pop and non adjustable dampers! Crikey! Billie B6 with eibach were perfect on my 20vt but all cars are different. Research required I think.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
God job i didnt pay that ;)

Yeah the H&R's aren't either!! They (H&R's) are a super B road set up, bit softer then the billies imo, really loved mine. That said the billies aint rock hard, just more 'focused'. Excellent build quality also