ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Insurance write off thread :(

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Im awaiting a pay out from my insurance company. Only mod was a stealth exhaust which was declared.

Car was a late 2001 Flame Red Clio Phase 2. In what I consider to be very good original condition. With FSH, cambelts, clutch etc all being done way before they were needed.

Mileage was just over 75,000.

How much should I expect to recieve, and if im given a lower value than expected, what path do I take to ask for more and get a result.

Any advise appriciated.

Regards

:nono:

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
and if they offer me £2700, do i just say no thanks? Because as far as im aware, they will just play hard ball and say well thats what we have evaluated it at, and thats all we are prepared to give you. Im playing worst case scenario to be prepared. Its not something ive had the pleasure of doing before, and to be fair its a massive ball ache.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, I'll be in work in the morning and reply in better detail with an exact figure and the best course of action to take.

:) Hopefully I can help you get a decent settlement. PM your reg please mate and I'll update this thread first thing.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
To be fair, I had it 3 years...alot longer than I have had any car, and it had the GDI touch of magic, and never went wrong. Gave me a new outlook on Renault.

Winks @ Danny

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I would like to say thank you to both Gally and Revels. Having not dealt with an insurance company before or a write off, their assistance was superb. Specifically Gally who provided me with enough ammunition to get the book value for my car and then some.

Anyone in the same position as me can only hope they have had the same support that I received from Cliosport.

If there is anything I have learnt from this experience, its to be very to the point, be head strong, but most of all don't be rude as it will get you no where.

I feel now I am in a good position to help/aid others that are in a similar position to what I have been through and would happily help construct any emails/arguments for those that have been offered a lower figure than expected. Unfortunately I am no substitute for Gally's excellent inside knowledge and toolset ;)

Once again, thanks guys! Gally pm me your paypal so I can say thank you and buy you a beer or two ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ha! You're very much welcome mate!

I'm glad you got it sorted eventually and if it wasn't for your fantastic worded emails, well worded and straight to the point is the way forward!
You wouldn't have got anywhere with them!

Only too happy to help! :)

Clio 182 Cup FF
If anybody needs adivice i work in motor claims at liverpool victoria so i know a lot of the in's and out... ;)