ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet another insurance thread...

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Right so I had a letter from Egg insurers today concerning my insurance renewal stating the new premium. My previous quote of £1300 was based on the following:

My own name (not as a named driver)
0 no claims bonus
3 years full uk driving license
0 declared modifications
Worcestershire postcode.

My renewal came out as £1500. Is this normal for insurers to charge more even though I now have 1 years no claims?

I searched through a few car comparison websites and the cheapest at the moment is £1200.

Is anyone is the same situation regards to this, and where have you got quotes from and whats the cheapest you found please?

Thanks

Jat

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I have never had a renewal price through that has been lower than the previous year. I just shop around, phone them back and see if they'll match it. If not, its byebye.

172 cup
Unlucky.
Ring them and ask, mine did it a couple of years ago and they came down in the end, not enough to beat another insurer mind.

Clio 182
I didn't have much luck with comparison websites when looking for insurance so spent the best part of a morning ringing as many different companies as possible. Had some crazy quotes from various companies then found Sky Insurance (who offer a 20% discount to cliosport members) who ended up being cheapest by far.

Check out their thread here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=460209

Worth a try - good luck Jat!

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Thanks guys, I do get to keep my no claims if I go to another insurer don't I? Do I just have to ask for them to provide a certificate?

172 cup
I didn't have much luck with comparison websites when looking for insurance so spent the best part of a morning ringing as many different companies as possible. Had some crazy quotes from various companies then found Sky Insurance (who offer a 20% discount to cliosport members) who ended up being cheapest by far.

Check out their thread here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=460209

Worth a try - good luck Jat!

Ive just gone through all this after buying the cup, Sky wouldnt even tell me what they were coming out with as they knew what Admiral were offering. Strange how its different for different people

Mine climbed an extra £20 after gaining my 3rd years NCB, I'll never understand how insurance companies figure out their prices.

As said it's best to shop around. Some people stick with the same company for years even though they could be saving £££s with someone else.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Mine went up one year even though I got an extra NCB, they said prices had increased at a higher rate than the discount of the NCB. I got them to give 3 further discounts and were still too high.

fiesta 1.25
I tried with a fake birthdate and 1NCB in december and it was more than i was paying.I then tried it other day and its soo much cheaper than last year.

2010 ftw!

MR2 Mk1.5
Jat,

feel free to PM me your contact details if you would like to give my company a try?

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance