ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Cup bites the dust.

I've not posted this on here till now because I wanted to keep it off the forum until the insurance side of things were sorted but I had a mishap Sunday before last.

Now I'm not making excuses cos at the end of the day it was my fault but the road surface was extremely slippy, as soon I got in to the bend the car just under steered straight away with no warning at all. There was no tyre squeal and the car slid like it was on ice, it carried on sliding up a sloped curb in to a hedge, clipped a lamp post along the way and came to an abrupt stop in the form of a tree. Whilst we was pulling it out the hedge a bus came round the bend coming from the opposite side, with it's arse end hanging out, we were stood in amazement watching it happen lol.

All the damage is bodywork, the wheels, drive train and suspension were perfectly fine, the car tracked perfectly afterwards surprisingly, following day I inspected the damage and baring the front bumper, rear quarter and side windows everything was fine.

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

It was assessed a couple of days later and my 1st thoughts were confirmed, it was a write off.

The last ever picture taken of it in one piece.
ac7c1d60.jpg

Just like to add I wasn't driving like a nob, as I'm sure people will think after reading this.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
your ok though mate, all that counts really. oh and post me that damn alternator bracket, im too far away lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Bet you've sold the wheels already.

As said, you're allright so all is good.

:dapprove:

Sorry to see this Jon, loved the car. (apart from push starting it on a meet)

Haha! It was the car's trade mark "I'm poorly bump start me please" Just an ASW I think ;)

your ok though mate, all that counts really. oh and post me that damn alternator bracket, im too far away lol

Yeahhh, had a few cuts on my fingers and was covered in glass but generally I was perfectly fine.

Come and get this bracket, it's sat here waiting for you ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
f**king hell matey...sad to see another one going to petrol heaven...was in my 182 the other night and a lad was behind me in a 172Cup...made me reminisce. :(

At least you're fine, metal can be replaced...humans can't.

Good luck with the search for a replacement as it will be a struggle to find one which ticks all the boxes you're old girl did. :)

f**king hell matey...sad to see another one going to petrol heaven...was in my 182 the other night and a lad was behind me in a 172Cup...made me reminisce. :(

At least you're fine, metal can be replaced...humans can't.

Good luck with the search for a replacement as it will be a struggle to find one which ticks all the boxes you're old girl did. :)

Thanks mate :)

All being well I should have one sorted fairly soon.

It was never a minter due to jealous people hurting it, i.e someone running a key down the side of it or people hitting it with trollies. Was a really good car and did what it did very well.
I'll miss it for certain but some of it's defining features will live on in the next Clio I own :evil:

Gay Clio 172 phs1
Muhaahahahahaha ha ha ha ha ha and We both ripped the little bugger to bits :D

Nothing like a bit of clio stripping on a sunny sunday :D

Muhaahahahahaha ha ha ha ha ha and We both ripped the little bugger to bits :D

Nothing like a bit of clio stripping on a sunny sunday :D

It was actually quite a civilized strippage actually, I was expecting you to jump on the car and start ripping parts off with your teeth :p

Onwards and upwards Jon. At least your ok like everybody has said. Accidents happen.

Aye! Bring on the next shed :D

I had to request it but basically your insurance give you a valuation on your car's worth, if you accept that offer you can then buy the car back. Your insurance then tell you what the buy back fee is, then that fee is deducted off your payout.

I wasn't told which cat band it came in to, I imagine it would have been a Cat-C considering the car's value and the amount it would have cost to fix.

The car is valued at what it would have been pre-crash then the buy back amount is a percentage of what they value it at.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's called cash in lieu mate. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle stripping ect... but some people just fix em up and fire them back on the road.

Actually was a little surprise they wrote it off but different assessors an all.

Assessor told me after a rough calculation there was 4k's worth of damage. Tbh he didn't really check over the car that thoroughly, 5minutes he was looking at it for. Didn't even check the modifications that I'd declared either.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Assessors have very little interest in mods unless it's a massive exhaust or a massive air filter and to be fair they don't even open the bonnet. They have no clue mate.

I know because I am one. God forbid anyone actually gets me looking at their write off. :eek:

Ahhhh! I just imagined they'd have a sheet from the insurance company with the mods declared and would be extremely anal about it.

Yeah I knew you was an assessor, I've often seen in various posts your name being mentioned and being the person to speak to when people are after details of possible writes offs and damages to their cars :p

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I am mate, obviously you didn't want to discuss it mate but I think I culd have helped you, glad you got it sorted though mate, nothing worse than it dragging out.