ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another cruise control question

Are Laguna 01-05 cruise control buttons for the steering wheel the same as the clio?

Think mine are faulty and I've found some Laguna ones.

Any help much appreciated.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
They look identical and I would take the small risk if I were you. Are you sure it's your buttons?

They look identical and I would take the small risk if I were you. Are you sure it's your buttons?
The wires are a different colour but I'd assume it's the same system?

I'm confident, yes. When I press the speed up or down, it re sets it, and if I press the resume or cancel, it increases or decreases the speed.

It's worth a shot for £10 or how ever much it'll cost me.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
How odd! The system works using resistance in the wire like this

9age5ery.jpg
so I wonder what's happened. The 197 buttons are the same resistance as the 182 so I'd bet the laguna ones are okay. Believe the wire colours changed in the clios too

How odd! The system works using resistance in the wire like this

9age5ery.jpg
so I wonder what's happened. The 197 buttons are the same resistance as the 182 so I'd bet the laguna ones are okay. Believe the wire colours changed in the clios too
I've no idea but it's irritating. Do lots of motorway miles so need to sort it. I'll get those Laguna ones I've found and try those!

Cheers for that diagram, could come in very handy!

Oh, and to add, it sometimes won't set at all haha! I hate French cars .

Ignore the above post, it's working now. Plugged my multi meter into the wires from the car side to check it was getting power, and to check the buttons were doing what they were supposed to.

Nothing. So I pressed the test button on the multi meter, it must have put a current through the system and now it's working perfect as it should, even on the old buttons.