ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Clio newbie...

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
I have just bought a Mk1 Phase 2 RSi.......At least i think thats what it is :eek:

Its a M plate RSi, i think this is a phase 2 ( please point out if i am wrong )

I am looking to take it around a small local track (Haynes motor museum) so any ideas and helpful sugestions to improving the little beast would be great :D

I am not keen on spending a fortune on the car as it is really only a stop gap for a couple of years, until i get some more funds together (EVO :evil: )

But i belong to another car site (sw-pc.com) who attend the odd track day, and i would like to show the Clio a bit of justice ;)

Thanks in advance for any helpful pointers....:cool:

Cheers Keith....

Welome to CS mate, nice car.

I would go for an ITG panel filter and a decat for a start.
£60 for both and you can easily fit them yourself.

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
Jaybee_RT said:
Welome to CS mate, nice car.

I would go for an ITG panel filter and a decat for a start.
£60 for both and you can easily fit them yourself.

How much :eek:

My previous car was a WRX
The panel filter and decat cost nearer to £200 :eek:

I think i might enjoy this Clio ownership :evil:

Where is the best place to get these parts from ?

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate and welcome, any pics of your RSi? or your old WRX :D

you might think your going to love clio ownership but wait untill it starts braking on you all the time ;) na only kidding renaults arnt as bad as some make them out to be!

Pannel filter, Decat and a cat back exhaust will be cheap-ish and make a nice difference (bit faster and a lot more responsive) also since you said it was quite a small track you were going to some good brakes and better suspension would be good, but might be more than you want to spend on the car!

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
Hello everyone, thanks for the warm welcome :)

Its a deep red colour (not sure what its called)

Will post some pics of the Clio soon :)

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
Martin_89 said:
Hi mate and welcome, any pics of your RSi? or your old WRX :D

you might think your going to love clio ownership but wait untill it starts braking on you all the time ;) na only kidding renaults arnt as bad as some make them out to be!

Pannel filter, Decat and a cat back exhaust will be cheap-ish and make a nice difference (bit faster and a lot more responsive) also since you said it was quite a small track you were going to some good brakes and better suspension would be good, but might be more than you want to spend on the car!

Where do i post pics of the WRX ?
I tried "Other Marques" but its locked :S

Ad

MK2 FRS
you have to join to post in all the forums mate... tis only a fiver.

enjoy the clio and be prepared to get the clio bug.

Ad

MK2 FRS
you have to join to post in all the forums mate... tis only a fiver.

enjoy the clio and be prepared to get the clio bug.