ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Clio bites the dust

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Spotted this at half 8 this morning in Stourbridge, West Mids.

Happened just before i approached the island, looked like someone had been going across the island too fast and locked up :quiet:

Had popped both driveshafts by the looks of it.

d8379a48.jpg

due to bad driving - not due to lack of abs - cars haven't always had abs you know, but not everybody drives into fences cos they don't have abs !!! ;)

People know that the shell and airbag will save there lives, so drive with less care for their general health.

Crash an Morris minor and you die. Simple really.

Scirocco GT 210
Where abouts in Stourbridge is that? I often see a cup on my frequent trips to Stourbridge, guess I won't be seeing so many now.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
People know that the shell and airbag will save there lives, so drive with less care for their general health.

Crash an Morris minor and you die. Simple really.

Ban airbags, and have a six-inch nail sticking straight out from the centre of the steering wheel.

People would drive a lot more considerately/sensibly then.

Clio v6
Spotted this at half 8 this morning in Stourbridge, West Mids.

Happened just before i approached the island, looked like someone had been going across the island too fast and locked up :quiet:

Had popped both driveshafts by the looks of it.

d8379a48.jpg

Was the driver ok?

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Hope driver was ok ...... well the value of my cup will be going up now not down if this keeps happening!!! They will be rarer than rocking horse sh*t!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
jesus, not another one, tried getting quotes for mine when i first got it, some companys wouldnt quote because it was a cup, im guessing this is why. Any idea how many are left?

Leon Cupra R 225
stupid Reno, why not put ABS on them!! can't they see with our weather and some of the driving standards in this country that a lot of cups will get killed over the autumn/winter months.

stupid Reno, why not put ABS on them!! can't they see with our weather and some of the driving standards in this country that a lot of cups will get killed over the autumn/winter months.
So its reno's fault people drive like dicks in bad weather conditions? Whoever was driving that cup fucked up, luckily there was a fence there and no mother and child walking along the pavement....

Clio 182 + Recaros
Bad driving.

I don't see how no ABS is an excuse. Its not like its a surprise on the cup.

Hope the driver is ok - looks like a very expensive lesson to be learnt.

Golf 7R
Hope driver was ok ...... well the value of my cup will be going up now not down if this keeps happening!!! They will be rarer than rocking horse sh*t!

Be a wee while before they are rare matey, 2400 of the f**kers made.

According to the DVLA there are under 2000 left, and that was about 8 months ago!

Very true about lucky the fence was there, and not a pedestrians, ppl really need to start driving within there limits, and take weather conditions in to consideration!

Gal

A Clee O
Bad driving, were you there?

How can it be anything else, it was an island, a small one at that, how else do you lose it unless your driving like a c0ck?

There was no oil or petrol on the island etc

They could have swerved to miss another car or a person walking in front of them.

Without knowing the circumstances you can't comment on it being bad driving.

Had it been someone posting that they had crashed there car it would have been 'Really sorry to hear that', 'What Happened' but because someone else posted it automatically becomes bad driving.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
How can it be anything else, it was an island, a small one at that, how else do you lose it unless your driving like a c0ck?

There was no oil or petrol on the island etc

They could have swerved to miss another car or a person walking in front of them.

Without knowing the circumstances you can't comment on it being bad driving.

Had it been someone posting that they had crashed there car it would have been 'Really sorry to hear that', 'What Happened' but because someone else posted it automatically becomes bad driving.

Exactly.. and if only he had ABS his pride and joy would probalby still be with him..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
U never really know whats comming round the next corner.. apparantly especially if your in a cup :clown: