ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 182 exhaust alignment issue...

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I know the Clio 182 exhaust is pretty notorious for never sitting right, but I've read a load of threads, replaced all the mounts with powerflex mounts, and whilst it no longer sags, its sitting way off to the right. I've noticed the exhaust sometimes touches the bumper and vibrates it too, so I imagine it'll be a matter of time before it starts melting the surrounds. Picture for illustration:

28c1to9.png

Any other ways of adjusting it a bit? It's a Yozza exhaust if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Where do I put the ties? As I say, all the mounts are solid powerflex, so there's no give anywhere! It's like it needs to be 'turned' or 'pulled' to the left somehow....?! Haha, yeah, theres definitely something to be said for a discreet exhaust...

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
the proper powerflex ones?

Yup, bought them from Demon Tweeks. In honesty they made zero difference to the side-to-side alignment, just fixed the sag. Feel like the problem lies elsewhere?

dan's cast offs.
i'd normally say look at bending the hangers on the exhaust to move it over a bit but yours is bloody miles out!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
this is whats always put me off 182's!! my trophy runs the factory system with fresh mounts and sits perfect but ive yet to see a 182 with an aftermarket one that sits properly!

I fitted a KTR Centreline to my BG yesterday and it comes with all new mounts that replace the standard setup and it sits perfect so far!
13497955_10205011909737859_6438603469658316181_o.jpg

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Unfortunately I'm pretty happy with the Yozza otherwise, so replacing it just for the purposes of hoping to fix the alignment seems costly. As bloke said, it's pretty far out so I'm not sure any sort of bodge would work, but other than the backbox hangers, what else affects how it sits? I can't see anything obvious.

EDIT: Lee, that IS perfect compared to mine!

Teg
I've got a PMS exhaust that uses Audi mounts.. I'm pretty fussy and it sits almost bang on when cold, close to perfect.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

But once it's red hot on track.. Probably down to metal expansion it sticks out an extra 10 to 15mm (which I don't like) and it shoots off massively to the right to where it burns the surrounds. Haven't got a picture but it does my head in. Don't think there's a solution to sort that.

Have you noticed if yours changes its alignment position from cold to hot?

this is whats always put me off 182's!! my trophy runs the factory system with fresh mounts and sits perfect but ive yet to see a 182 with an aftermarket one that sits properly!

I fitted a KTR Centreline to my BG yesterday and it comes with all new mounts that replace the standard setup and it sits perfect so far!
13497955_10205011909737859_6438603469658316181_o.jpg
This looks to be a good exhaust
Did you go for the silenced centre section or unsliced also what tips?
I would consider one off these just not sure about the sound as cant find any on the net or YouTube.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
This looks to be a good exhaust
Did you go for the silenced centre section or unsliced also what tips?
I would consider one off these just not sure about the sound as cant find any on the net or YouTube.
I went for silenced version with a silenced decay, if anything it's too quiet but that's perfect for me, that's the rolled in tips.
I will get a video at some point today or tomorrow and stick it up here

turbo 182
You could try undoing all the joints by adjusting how far 1 slides into another and this should slightly change the angle of the tips once tightened back up

Also remove the cat/decat from manifold get tail pipes where you want them and get someone to hold them in place whilst you redo the joint back up

As you're tail pipes are sitting to the right if you can move the mid section right handed it will pull the tail pipes to the left - if you understand how I mean?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Got this exact problem with my 182......No surprises there!.......I am lucky enough to have access to a workshop and 3 renault master tech's so that should help. I'll report any findings! Anyone else got any suggestions?

I am fitting powerflex mounts as the back 2 are...well....bad... but might have to bend the hangars as @bloke suggested.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Got this exact problem with my 182......No surprises there!.......I am lucky enough to have access to a workshop and 3 renault master tech's so that should help. I'll report any findings! Anyone else got any suggestions?

I am fitting powerflex mounts as the back 2 are...well....bad... but might have to bend the hangars as @bloke suggested.

haha, it is ridiculous! I've replaced all mounts, plus the backbox ones are powerflex. everything seems as straight as possible, so only thing i can see is bending the hangars! Let me know how you get on, and if you find a solution. mines still wonky :laughing:

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
@burneyC Just finished! All lines up so much better than before. Really pleased! Needs tweaking but i ran out of time. The right mount (i put through the wrong hole) is sitting a little low. You (hopefully) can see the before and after photos below!
20160710_182852.jpg
20160910_111240.jpg

Wheres the after picture lol?

As said above loosen the clamps / mounts and twist the backbox left, or mid section, it should bring it up and back to position.

A ramp would make it easier to position properly

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Mine is a miltek which I think sounds great. As I said above, wen I bought the car it has been in a minor rear. This is probably why the difference doesn't look huge lol......okay so I'll admit, it's not a huge change. But I'm happy!