ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AngelWorks Inlet manifold mod

As some of you might remember, i ran a group buy for the inlet manifold modifications i offer.

Anyway, matt kindly paid for his own before and after RR runs as he wanted to see the gains and thought it would be of help to me since we've never done a straight before and after, it has always been with other modifications.

Whilst i modified the exchange manifold, matt skipped down to mass racing, got his RR test done and popped back.

blah blah blah, swapped over the manifolds and we went back down for the after test. Before we did any modifications i spoke to matt and explained that i was being conservative with the modifications due to the fact that no fueling alterations were going to be made and i wanted to play it safe. So on a std engine with maxogen intake and magnex catback (still has cat), the only change between runs was the bolting on of the inlet manifold.

Here is the before/after run comparison.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/BenRAWT/matt172-maxogen-magnex-manifold.jpg

We were pleasantly surprised!

Conditions were horrible as you can see by environmental adjustments, but they only equate to under 3bhp........but still prooved great.

just for information, the work was concentrated to the manifold elbow and 25% of the plenham runner (sorry, no pic :().

P1010811.jpg

Just so people dont flame me, this isnt a sales pitch, i'm not asking anybody to buy one, and your quite within your rights to take results with a pinch of salt. Its just as interesting to me as anybody else as i've never carried out back to back on a std car, its always been with cams/remapping/filters/exhausts etc.

spankyou

Last edited:
fUbAr said:
how much does the manifold work cost?

matt got it at the group buy bargain price of £126 fitted (not doing that again lol)!! regular price is £180 fitted.

sorry, people keep thinking 3bhp gains lol.

Gain was 13bhp, the environmental changes only add 3bhp to the figures, but cancels itself out as it was done for before and after runs, so the gain from the mod stays the same.

SLK 350
So your saying that even without any other modification other than a decent panel filter you can get a 13bhp gain from this work everytime?

If so im very interested.

Lionel Richie
ozzyo99 said:
So your saying that even without any other modification other than a decent panel filter you can get a 13bhp gain from this work everytime?

If so im very interested.

no i don't think Ben means EVERYTIME, as he says some inlets are crap from factory, whereas some are good

the engines with bad inlets will see larger gains

no, sorry, i cannot say that as i cannt gaurantee it.

I normally quote 5-8bhp for this sort of modification, but i had never done a back to back test on a standard car before, and i am posting the results as they are surprising even to myself.

Not all cars are equal, some will have better std manifolds than others so gains will vary. But i feel that the results give an indication of what is possible with proper attention to detail.

Hey ben-thats cool! Im VERY interested in this work for my standard 182-worth it?

Also im guessing that insurance wouldn't pick up on it?!

How much ££££? :)

What about the fact that you take about three months to do the job usually Ben? Yeah I must admit your head work was good, but the time you took to even start a friend 16v head was outragious. He paid good money aswell.

It has to be said.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
turbo man said:
What about the fact that you take about three months to do the job usually Ben? Yeah I must admit your head work was good, but the time you took to even start a friend 16v head was outragious. He paid good money aswell.

It has to be said.

Like Guinness, Ben's work is worth waiting for ;)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
matbrown said:
Matty w had his done at Hillpower and he also noticed a slight gain.

Mat.
Yeah nick did mine on special offer earlier this year he only charged £130 fitted with new renault gaskets,he ramapped it for me at the same time,it is vast improvment in drivability as well as a nice power gain

MKIII 138
must be annoying for some people who have 172`s and only 160bhp lol unluck at least this very cheap piece of work will bring you back upto standard and should be done on all 172`s that feel sluggish

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
meggerman said:
must be annoying for some people who have 172`s and only 160bhp lol unluck at least this very cheap piece of work will bring you back upto standard and should be done on all 172`s that feel sluggish
How do you know yours isnt one of them now that would be quite annoying

dannyboy said:
would you get similar gains on valver? with i/k, cat back, and de-cat?

sadly modifying the F7 16 valve engines intakes results in zero gains, they dont suffer from the same problem, they are actually too large in stock trim.

turbo man said:

It has to be said.

Yup, i can take an incrediby long time with some jobs, i can only do so much work and so much grinding in a week and when workloads are high, waiting times can be extended.

However, time scales are now sorted and back down to 2 - 4 weeks. I dont offer 3 or 7 day turnarounds on heads, the level of work i do and the detail i put into it simply means that i cant. I can spend half a day simply disassembling and checking a head over before any work begins!

And custom high specification work time sclales are pretty bad if all parts need to be made overseas.

So, i apologise to anybody if you are one of the few who are left with long lead times.

Saner said:
Ben do you recoken you could get anything out of my 1.4 cost effectivly?

The same type of work could be done to both the 1.4's and 1.6's as they both have half ally, half plastic manifolds. I'm not sure of the gains though.

Darren555 said:
Is he planning on getting it mapped Ben? Does it need to be?

From our conversations, he did say he was planning to.

And ideally you do want to remap, or at least check and log the afr's.

SLK 350
Would it run ok without a remap though, as a remap is around £300 right?

If i was to book in with you next Friday Ben, when could the work be done for? Cheers.

I cannot gaurantee that it will run perfectly without a remap, there are always anomalies.

If your interested in booking in, please PM or email me.

Thanks!