ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Andy's Clio 182

E36 328
So, new to this forum. Just bought myself a little Clio 182 with 60k on the clock. Fancied one for a while so figured now was the time to buy one.

It's a silver 182 with a few mods.

Apex springs
Scorpion exhaust
Decat pipe
Egr delete
Superchips map

I have a dyno printout from Peugeot ecosse which shows 201hp. I feel this is a bit optimistic with the above mods but none the less the car pulls well and drives faultlessly.

Just had the belts and dephaser done for peace of mind as it's been 5 years since they were done. The water pump was leaking so that got done at the same time.

I only have a couple of pics just now but will update with progress as I go.

33D935C4-8083-4F36-BAD8-AFE4A0BD90F1_zps0h2wbura.jpg

5444C98B-CDC7-4641-9BB7-B660FE864A0B_zpsriqlbody.jpg

54142BEC-63C6-48B1-9272-08F99B01489D_zps5fydadc5.png

RB Clio 182
It will probably be around 175-180hp with those mods.

It looks nice but I would get some nice clean plates and remove the sticker off the front bumper.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Welcome Andy yeh ignore 200bhp,machine polish headlight s looks nice enjoy

E36 328
The headlights do need a polish it's on my list. I quite like the Renault sport sticker haha. Ordered a 3/4 size front plate earlier. Rear plate is riveted on it looks like so I'll worry about that another time

E36 328
Haven't updated this in a while. Not much has changed. I've fitted my 3/4 front plate which tidies up the front. I also had ago at polishing up the headlights with varying levels of success. There better but not brilliant. I also need to realign my headlights as the auto leveler does nothing and they are pointing at the sky.

I also need new tyres. Not sure between rainsport 3's and federal rsr's. It's daily driven so think the rainsports would be more suited ?

Anyway here's a pic of the front end

285E9A31-C3E1-4AD1-A19B-E0F153007434_zpspqdwle0z.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Your from Scotland? I'd go with the rain sports this time of year. Car looks nice, not a fan of the tints though.

E36 328
Yup Glasgow. Rainsport's are what I'll end up ordering probably. The tints were on the car when I got it. Not as dark as the pictures make out however I'm not a great fan either and they will probably come off in th Spring.

2004 182 (soon)
Like this, looks good! I've got my eye on a Silver 182, tempted either for that or a Mk6 Fiesta ST. Do really like the look of these though, nice one bud

E36 328
Thanks mate :smile:.

Small update. Fitted 4 new rainsport 3's yesterday. It's nice having tyres that function as tyres again. Cars going in on Monday to exhaust shop to have the awful decat centre section join removed as I'm fed up of it blowing all the time!

Renault Master
Rainsports are brill. Never overlook the tyres mate most important thing on a car! Looks a good one mate very clean. How do you find the apex springs on our lovely scottish roads lol?

2005 182 cliosport
looking good mate nice and clean!
I have apex springs and rainsport 3's.
driving in Hampshire is like a minefield when you hit a bump ;)

E36 328
Tyres seem good so far first time I used these. Apex springs are awful though they will be binned at somepoint. Very crashy etc.

On another note car was in this morning to get exhaust fixed. As soon as I made it there is convinced myself to ditch the centre box aswell. So I did! Haha! Sounds decent. Not s great deal louder but has added to it certainly.

1A33477E-8CE2-4342-9796-CBEE1759C49E_zps9jqxlpeq.jpg

852A7A19-1E58-467A-9885-9DF87CF2DD05_zpsloxq3dqk.jpg

E36 328
So I went and bought myself a Ktec intake from @Ash_haslam as I've always fancied giving one a try. I know they get mixed reviews but I decided to give it a go.

I didn't start work until 11.30 today so decided to set about fitting it 20 mins before I had to leave! Simple enough job and it was soon in place

F30431FA-DF1D-4C63-AA1D-967DBB3BC329_zpsansbiznc.jpg

Looks much better than the stock air box and sounds much better aswell. Hard to hear a major difference as my exhaust is so loud but definitely a much more throaty sound to it.

In other news driveshafts are clicking on lock so will need to buy and change them at somepoint. Maybe wait until the better weather. Bought some LED bulbs for my interior and glovebox just waiting on them to arrive.

Comments welcome :)

Renault Master
Good progress mate. Whats your budget for shocks etc? Cooksports would be a great addition, got them on mine good drop and decent ride still.

E36 328
Not really got a budget currently. Good value for money is what I'm after. I'm thinking cooksport springs and cup shocks ? There's been a good bit more progress since the last update just haven't had a chance to update. Car currently looks like this

D85EF3E6-6A9A-4322-882A-F785771BD7BF_zpsxetorijt.jpg

I'll update soon I promise!!