ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Andyrg turbo conversion opinions

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Andyrg, what fecking language is your phone set to if that was predictive text?

On the clutch front, the cheap option is a 4 paddle plate with a standard cover, that will do 300lbft or so IME without a problem, but it will last longer and give a nicer feel with a six paddle and uprated cover.
Downside on the helix 6 paddle + cover is that its about 500 quid gone, but thats the best option I have found for a clio so far.

182cup/D40/Hornet
I'm looking at the above option, paddle with standard cover, as its used as a daily and advised clutch will be easier to live with

172 turbo 'cup'
I've just had the 4 paddle plate with standard cover fitted to mine by Andy ready for more boost end of this month, Andy will be doing all the work to mine has done since it was built.
You won't go wrong with Andy building yours he knows his way round a turbo Clio.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm looking at the above option, paddle with standard cover, as its used as a daily and advised clutch will be easier to live with

Its still a lot more bitey than the standard clutch and it wont last very long if you slip it a lot in traffic etc.

182cup/D40/Hornet
Its still a lot more bitey than the standard clutch and it wont last very long if you slip it a lot in traffic etc.

Yeah, but probably a bit more 'user friendly' for everyday use I would imagine?
Fortunately I don't spend a lot of time in traffic around where I live

HBT 172 Cup
4 paddle on stock cover plate is fine for everday. It bites a bit higher, and the margin for bit point is smaller but you get used to it within a couple of miles of driving.

172 cup turbo
Hey people,

I have been speaking to Andyrg about the turbo conversions he does, i have been deciding for a while now whether or not to go ahead.

I have told him that i will let him no for definite tomorrow as to whether or not i am going to ahead with it.

He has told me he could fit me in later on this month if i do.

Are there any people on here that have had the conversion done by Andyrg and are you happy with the results?

Have you had any problems with the car and reliability afterwards?

If you had the spare money, do you think its a worth while thing to have done if you are wanting more power, and you are planning on keeping the car a good length of time.

Would you get it done by Andyrg who seems a genuine great helpful guy up to press. (I have to ask sorry Andy) :(

I am only asking this because i am fairly new on here and obviously some of you old timers know a lot more about things and a lot more about other members than i do :)

Thanks for any info :)

had mine done since september and touch wood no issues so far. Would most definately recommend andy. Nice guy, honest, not that good looking tho :p and hes northern :-/ but he can be trusted. great guy. will not be using anyone else for my car bar him from now on, even though its a trek for me but worth it. Guy knows his s**t without all the bullocks.
As for worth the money etc i would say its the best money ive ever spent. Everytime i get into the car it puts a smile on my face everytime no matter how grumpy i am. Ive opted for standard internals for now but if you was to upgrade them in the future in the grand scheme of things its not a huge amount to folk out for.

IMO most definatley DO IT :race:

172 cup turbo
Clutch wise, have the majority of guys with low boost turbo had any clutch issues with standard? I'm seriously considering changing mine to something a little more heavy duty, not sure if it needs it though??

My clutch and gearbox is fine. dyno ran 236hp with .6 bar of boost

182cup/D40/Hornet
4 paddle on stock cover plate is fine for everday. It bites a bit higher, and the margin for bit point is smaller but you get used to it within a couple of miles of driving.

Yeah, just don't want the clutch to become a ball ache when I'm on the school run

RB Clio 182
My opinion always is if the engine is out then whats a few more quid upgrading a clutch, especially if the cars close to 90k. :) It doesnt cost any more labour when i do it.

Fitting a stock clutch to a turbo car just isnt the right things to do!! :)

Andy

Hi Andy, you need to clear some inbox space mate :)

Deposit Paid ;)