ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Andyrg turbo conversion opinions

RB Clio 182
Hey people,

I have been speaking to Andyrg about the turbo conversions he does, i have been deciding for a while now whether or not to go ahead.

I have told him that i will let him no for definite tomorrow as to whether or not i am going to ahead with it.

He has told me he could fit me in later on this month if i do.

Are there any people on here that have had the conversion done by Andyrg and are you happy with the results?

Have you had any problems with the car and reliability afterwards?

If you had the spare money, do you think its a worth while thing to have done if you are wanting more power, and you are planning on keeping the car a good length of time.

Would you get it done by Andyrg who seems a genuine great helpful guy up to press. (I have to ask sorry Andy) :(

I am only asking this because i am fairly new on here and obviously some of you old timers know a lot more about things and a lot more about other members than i do :)

Thanks for any info :)

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Iv heard nothing but good things, Im thinking of going ahead with it myself, I swear i saw earlier in the week that he has done over 30 now aswell, Its something i really want to do and i wouldnt go anywhere else but Andy

If you have the spare cash and love the car you cant go wrong.

RB Clio 182
Wow thanks people this is just what i wanted to hear :D

He did tell me he could put me in contact with fellow members he has done this set up for which was re assuring, but i didnt want him running around after me, so i thought i would stick this thread up :)

Its hard making decisions when theres a few "K" involved tho lol.

I'm considering this conversion.

Reliability would be the biggest factor imo.

Are you going to be going down the forged route or just running standard internals etc? Will the standard valves be upto it? (Don't hold up to well just NA )

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Mate i know exactly what you mean, i was like this for abit, Iv made my mind up that i deffo want to go with it, My only decision to make now is if i should do it to the van or buy a 182 to do it to lol

I cant wait lol

RB Clio 182
I'm considering this conversion.

Reliability would be the biggest factor imo.

Are you going to be going down the forged route or just running standard internals etc? Will the standard valves be upto it? (Don't hold up to well just NA )

This is the last of parts he pm'd me, im not sure mate.

T25 Cast Manifold
Stainless V Band Downpipe
Oil Feed in Stainless Steel with T Adaptor
Oil Drain Kit Billet Alloy and Oil Pipes
16mm Block Drain
Intercooler Kit With Blue Red Black Silicon Pipes, with Chrome Boost pipes ( can be powder coated if needed for £60 )
T28 Turbo Charger Hybrd
NGK Upgarded Plugs
Upgraded Injectors
Upgraded Fuel Set up
Link Pipe if fitting to a 182
Custom Intake Pipe and Airfilter
FULL custom Adaptronic ECU fitted and mapped, keeping the Fly by wire if fitted
Heat Shield for the Rear of Bulk Head
Custom Water Pipes

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
My Turbo was built by Andy and it is brilliant, lots of people have been in it and will confirm.. Ive not been brave enough to take it past 5000rpm in fact my foot hardly moves on the throttle pedal.. Such a solid build which gives a lot of confidence when pressing on.. cheers Jay.S

My Turbo was built by Andy and it is brilliant, lots of people have been in it and will confirm.. Ive not been brave enough to take it past 5000rpm in fact my foot hardly moves on the throttle pedal.. Such a solid build which gives a lot of confidence when pressing on.. cheers Jay.S

Wimp - all the fun happens above 5,000 rpm!

I 'think' ours are similar outputs :p

Clio 172 182 197 200
My Turbo was built by Andy and it is brilliant, lots of people have been in it and will confirm.. Ive not been brave enough to take it past 5000rpm in fact my foot hardly moves on the throttle pedal.. Such a solid build which gives a lot of confidence when pressing on.. cheers @Jay.S

I must have scared you on the test drive then Chi I think we saw 7200 a few times :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Haha your welcome to have a try mate

I'll come knocking next time I'm back at my parent in Wazza matey ;) be interesting see how it feels compared to the F7P turbo, that thing doesn't let you stop at 5k, hits 7.2k before you even know what's happened, lol!

Polo gti
Dont hesitate and get the job done!!! Only man for clio turbo conversions imho, im so happy with mine! Drove 5 hours there and back twice, and going back for more boost! Im pretty sure andy left a full time job too turbo clios... Which resulted in clioturbo.co.uk. This is my input...

VERY happy customer!

Countryman JCW
Andy built my old 172 cup turbo, i decided to put megane internals in and took it to Andy again. His work is 2nd to none! it had done between 500-600 miles when he gave it back to me at Bedford autodrome where i kicked its face in for 2 hours in 28 degrees weather this summer and it was faultless!! Drove it as my daily car for another 2-3k after that and again no problems what so ever!

I only sold it due to buying a house! Craving another now :cool:

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

PH1 loads of boost!
I think the above comments say it all.

Andy helped me with mine as well. Built my engine in his workshop and helped me do the rest of the conversion.
I think it is into the 30's now that he has done. Turbo clios are like C20LET Corsas in thw North East :D

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Andy is good at what he does and enjoys it as well! He is always being helpful and trying to supply cheap parts!

I wouldn't think again about taking my car to Andy, but I cant see me getting rid of my car any time soon ;)