ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AndyRg - 20VT French/German Sleeper ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 cup, Impreza P1
Well done mate, very impressive results!

Guess you'll wait for the internals to do something interesting before changing them or are you whipping the engine back out and getting them changed? Did Andrew do your mapping?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well done mate, very impressive results!

Guess you'll wait for the internals to do something interesting before changing them or are you whipping the engine back out and getting them changed? Did Andrew do your mapping?
If the sump will clear the subframe swapping rods can be done with the engine still in.
That said if the box has to come out anyway then might be easier to just pull them out together.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Wow this is great! Seeing this it would be a very small step to use an engine with lots potential and parts available!

Shame i already have a fully built Renault engine, however it's a bit of a challenge too ofcourse!

172 cup, Impreza P1
If the sump will clear the subframe swapping rods can be done with the engine still in.
That said if the box has to come out anyway then might be easier to just pull them out together.

How do you get the cir clips and Gudgeon pins out of the pistons? I presume the pistons stay in the bores.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
P1090711.jpg

realitytv_pilkington.jpg

? :eek:

Johno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
One word 'EPIC'

Awesome build!! Me n a mate at work always give each other s**t as to whose got the better car, his 20vt Leon and my cup! You've just taken the best of both!

John

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Went out in this the other night, what an awesome machine you've built mate, doesn't like to get grip in this weather though

Trophy Turbo :)
Indeed christ a minus 2 its not the weather to be driving it, never the less you were still smiling like a cat and i think i smelt a poo stain :)

I may indeed, gives me some time to tidy up the engine bay from its current birds nest condition.

Yeah Craig i can see Mine getting wrapped up for the winter :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You cant beat a turbo grin andy haha. Can't wait to have a go of it in the dry next year sometime, forgot to say was good to have a catch up regarding the good'old days, some classic memories

Picture162.jpg

Makes me feel old thinking that was over 6 years ago lol

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
I may indeed, gives me some time to tidy up the engine bay from its current birds nest condition.

Yeah Craig i can see Mine getting wrapped up for the winter :)

Hold on lads putting them away for the winter? I ain't even got mine out the garage yet ha ha

Christ that's IS A OLD photo i has a little hair :) well i thought i did :)

Old bally s TT HHAHAHA :) was a quick car compared to our 1.6's LOL :) oh hang on i must have had the impreza then.. as i got that coat as i was sick of the engine breaking and being cold awaiting the RAC :)

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Your right there mate been freezing today, the snow would give quite a cooling factor too the intercooler ha ha

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
Saw this car last weekend where a got my new 172 ;). Awsome bit of kit! I could only imagine how much of a beast this thing is!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Pretty much perfect power and power delivery to suit the car IMHO, will still be fairly useable, and must go very very well.

Epic result IMHO.

Lets just hope you manage not to copy my bent F4R rod, as the VW ones arent much better, lol, should be ok as you have kept the boost levels sensible.

Megane r26
Pretty much perfect power and power delivery to suit the car IMHO, will still be fairly useable, and must go very very well.

Epic result IMHO.

Lets just hope you manage not to copy my bent F4R rod, as the VW ones arent much better, lol, should be ok as you have kept the boost levels sensible.

Lol I still can't believe after seeing those pics of yours how it ran!

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Great result indeed. And for the amount of money just seems far more sensible then turboing a F4....

could have a bit higher rev limiter though, power seems to keep climbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.