ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

andy_coops - Iceberg 172

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
IMG_7177.JPG
IMG_7178.JPG
All cleaned up ready for a breakfast/car/detailing meet tomorrow

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Think I have the excuse for a new exhaust too as mine managed to almost lose the bolts between cat and centre section. Mrs coops has been told that a new system is necessary...

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
IMG_7247.JPG
New side repeaters bagged for less than a tenner on eBay. Couldn't be doing with the buildup of dirt inside the old Ines. Quick coat of exo and 501 chrome bulbs ordered.

Also tried carbon wrapping my spare dash trims. What a shitty ball ache of a c**ting job - I've wasted most of a roll of film and can't get the ends to look anything other than complete gash so abandoned to help decorate the xmas tree with the kids.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
IMG_7266.JPG
IMG_7272.JPG
Another day, another aborted project.
Today it was the turn of the A pillar trims. I had a spare pair and bought some alcantara on the bay.
Cue more swearing, glueing of myself to myself, table and anything else within reach.
The wife tried to assist but even with her finesse it was pretty much a waste of time.
They're drying now as too dark and cold to try and refit. Personally I think they look shockingly shite but we'll see.
So I'm sticking to stuff I know I can do, avoiding stuff which wastes hours of my life and risks divorce. Oh and washing her!

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Thanks chaps! Bit mystified as I'm usually half handy but some of this stuff has had me climbing the walls lol.

No not at all mate, when you hear of something that's good, why risk an unknown part! I can confirm they are good quality and went on with no issues. They should be bang on for the 5mm's, same as mine!

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
No not at all mate, when you hear of something that's good, why risk an unknown part! I can confirm they are good quality and went on with no issues. They should be bang on for the 5mm's, same as mine!
It was seeing how yours looked which convinced me. Spot on all round! They should be here next week and the week after the car's going on the ramp to fit them and clean/Crystal coat the suspension while I'm at it :)

Inferno 182
View attachment 169689 Few bits done today.
- new boot carpet
- replaced side lights and mains with led and rainbow bulbs (not sure about the mains but at least the nasty yellow bulbs are in the bin)
- replaced head unit with a £37 Pioneer and while basic it works fine and I can listen to my old fart music.

I have exactly the same head unit in mine (came with the car). I don't suppose you have the steering wheel controls linked up? I want mine to work but have no idea what I need

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I have exactly the same head unit in mine (came with the car). I don't suppose you have the steering wheel controls linked up? I want mine to work but have no idea what I need
As far as I know it isn't compatible with the steering wheel controls.

Inferno 182
I've seen pioneer compatible looms but didn't know if it applies to this head unit as well
c8d8137e4b481ba766b1f7dd31c4a081.jpg
i assume that it just takes the place of the hard wired remote :-s
33c1dcdceaaeac07e0f6a1a6a659d042.jpg
does that seem right?

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
No idea, sorry. A pal of mine fitted it and said definitely not - he fitted ICE as a job before he worked with me.

Yeah not all stereos are steering wheel control compatible, BUT, if you do have one that is compatible you need a car specific steering wheel control lead and a stereo specific patch lead. So, if a alpine stereo like mine, you would need an Alpine patch lead (these are usually less than a tenner) and a Clio steering wheel control lead (these leads are more expensive like £20-£30 maybe)

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
IMG_7374.JPG
IMG_7375.JPG
IMG_7399.JPG
A pillars reinstalled and surprisingly they don't look too bad. Colour's a touch light and a few snags here & there but overall happier than I thought I'd be.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks decent does that! Just got to do the headlining next ;) you still sending some over to me mate?

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
So today my PMS spacers turned up with longer bolts - direct copy of Steve's :p
Brought the car into work as a lift makes life easier too.
Really pleased with how they look, I thought initially that I'd need 10mm on the back but I reckon they're just fine.
Chuffed with the state of my wheels too. Coated 6+ months ago and pretty mint inside as they haven't been off specifically for cleaning since.
I also coated my shocks and springs in Fireball Talon - pointless to a degree but it's done lol.
IMG_7449.JPG
IMG_7450.JPG
IMG_7454.JPG
IMG_7457.JPG
IMG_7458.JPG
IMG_7461.JPG
IMG_7462.JPG